Shamima Begum allowed back to the UK

A friend from that part of the world told me once "Arabs do not do democracy".

My bold almost the same as what an educated African Doctor, the MD sort, not "witch/juju" sort, told me just before I left N. Rhodesia, he did add Westminster before democracy.
He explained that for millenia it had been and still was, the strongest ruled in their tribal Chiefs system. This was after me asking him why there was so much rioting & terrorising going on in the African townships/villages even after we had given them a date for independence. He explained it was the struggle between the 2 main political parties UNIP & the ANC for power. UNIP won under Kaunda and within a years or so banned all other parties.
Rinse & repeat for about every sub saharan country since the '60's, hence the descent into the pile of corrupt s**t we see today!

If Saddam had invaded Saudi, would it not have sparked off a huge Shia v Sunni war, embracing all the other fun loving Muslims like the Indonesians and Malaysians and parts of the Phillipines?

As a slight thread drift, news reports state that Pakistan is broke, with the IMF refusing further loans to the government until it repays some of its 118 billion debts.
Cue tax rises and reduced government expenditure, that'll go down well.

Oh what a shame etc. Can't understand why, just look how much gets sent to them by expats each year PRI | Pakistani diaspora sends $21.841bln remittances back home in FY19
snip "The amount of cash sent back to Pakistan rose 9.89 percent to $21.841 billion in the last fiscal year of 2018/19, the State Bank of Pakistan said on Wednesday.
The slow pace of growth, however, still hit the central bank’s projected target of $20.5-21.5 billion.
The government in its annual plan targeted workers’ remittances to reach $24 billion during the current fiscal year of 2019/20."

Then of course there are the £millions we waste, sorry give to them each year
Plus no doubt £$ millions more given by gullible charities/aid agencies most going to line the pockets of numerous avaricious officials at central & local areas!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
My worry about the evil little cow coming back, is her connections and contacts, and how quickly she would be assisting her cause, while on the outside appearing reformed
Ergo
Leave her where she is
Women can be much crueller than men
The red hand gang for a start, without mentioning some of those nasty ss birds
And she has already stated that she won't help the security services here.
And who will bell the cat. Sorry, the ruddy great elephant thats filling the front room with its dung ?
Everyone's afraid of offending someones sensibility while the elephant destroys the room.
I think it's rather that it's okay to upset some people's sensibilities but not others. See Rotherham, etc.

The problem is that Labour needs identity politics. At about the time of the last General Election, I read and sucked my teeth at a comment on social media which said, essentially, this: "Labour gave up on the working class when it realised it could chase the ethnic vote."

I felt it was too sharp, too clumsy, but I've come round more to it than I was.

It's the same with any 'non-traditional' individuals; @halo_jones has made the point several times that the Marxists assume that anyone who isn't white and straight must automatically be on their side. Look at the current furore over trans issues. The Marxists don't give a flying fùck about trans people. They simply see them as a useful tool with which to undermine 'the Establishment'.

And don't forget the nasty little race chisellers who were calling anyone BAME who didn't vote Labour 'race traitors'. Remind me, who are the stereotyping racists?

We're back again to this: criticising someone's behaviour because it is unacceptable isn't racism. Refusing to do so on the basis of ethnicity or 'culture' is.

@BarcelonaAnalPark is right when he says push back against creeping theocracy. As, again, has been noted many times elsewhere, much of what is pushed as tradition(s) is manufactured. It's about control, and blocks of votes.

Roll on electoral boundary reform, I say...

Last edited:
Oh what a shame etc. Can't understand why, just look how much gets sent to them by expats each year PRI | Pakistani diaspora sends $21.841bln remittances back home in FY19
snip "The amount of cash sent back to Pakistan rose 9.89 percent to $21.841 billion in the last fiscal year of 2018/19, the State Bank of Pakistan said on Wednesday.
The slow pace of growth, however, still hit the central bank’s projected target of $20.5-21.5 billion.
The government in its annual plan targeted workers’ remittances to reach $24 billion during the current fiscal year of 2019/20."

Plus no doubt £$ millions more given by gullible charities/aid agencies most going to line the pockets of numerous avaricious officials at central & local areas!
Apparently many/most such payments end up in the State Bank, currently owned by, drum roll, the IMF

My bold almost the same as what an educated African Doctor, the MD sort, not "witch/juju" sort, told me just before I left N. Rhodesia, he did add Westminster before democracy.
He explained that for millenia it had been and still was, the strongest ruled in their tribal Chiefs system. This was after me asking him why there was so much rioting & terrorising going on in the African townships/villages even after we had given them a date for independence. He explained it was the struggle between the 2 main political parties UNIP & the ANC for power. UNIP won under Kaunda and within a years or so banned all other parties.
Rinse & repeat for about every sub saharan country since the '60's, hence the descent into the pile of corrupt s**t we see today!

Saffer mate of mine told me almost exactly the same thing,

"There's only one rule in Africa: the strongest tribe rules".

TamH70

MIA
Allegedly, Kuwait was draining his oil reserves via their adjacent oil fields and he got a bit miffed.Allegedly.

More like he didn't like the fact that Kuwait, along with the rest of the Gulf states, didn't cough up enuff cash for Iraq carrying their entire war effort against the Iranians for nearly a decade.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

what about Hawalli money transfers, are they recorded on a database ?

More like he didn't like the fact that Kuwait, along with the rest of the Gulf states, didn't cough up enuff cash for Iraq carrying their entire war effort against the Iranians for nearly a decade.
Didn't Iraqi have a historic claim to Kuwait, valid or not, probably from the time of the Otterman Empire? Which he used as an excuse to kick off and invade.

What did those decent American soldiers do at Malmedy?
Did they execute their prisoners

No they marched them past the massacre site, stopped, and explained that the Nazis would be consigned to the history books as a failure, and it was the American way to teat their captives with decency and humanity
Yes many German soldiers were shot out of hand after Malmedy. And before that too. Don't forget the soldier in Band of Brother executing German soldiers in Normandy. The Germans captured thousands of American soldiers in the Ardennes offensive including Peipers column and the other three columns of the LAH.

As for the decency and humanity that they treated their captives, many of the soldiers on trial for Malmedy were tortured to gain confessions by their interrogaters as the Americans could not find any evidence that their was a written or verbal order to execute POW's. The death sentences of Peiper, Sepp Dietrich and the others had to be commuted when their Defence counsel brought the case to the attention of Senator Joe Mccarthy.

WhiteCrane

Old-Salt
I remember in George Galloway's book 'I'm not the only one', he said an MP friend of his, his granddad was a secretary to the British guy who drew a line in the sand literally and said 'This is Iraq and this is Kuwait'.

I remember in George Galloway's book 'I'm not the only one', he said an MP friend of his, his granddad was a secretary to the British guy who drew a line in the sand literally and said 'This is Iraq and this is Kuwait'.
A British guy and a French guy in the Sykes-Picot agreement. It probably seemed a good idea at the time, but its caused a few problems in the 100 plus years since.

Sykes-Picot Agreement.

More so when Kuwait had the temerity to remind Iraq that the first of the war loans was now due and it would like to see some of it's money back.

Saddam was not amused and so it began . . .

A British guy and a French guy in the Sykes-Picot agreement. It probably seemed a good idea at the time, but its caused a few problems in the 100 plus years since.

Sykes-Picot Agreement.

Something similar was done on the old N. Rhodesia - Belgian Congo bounday ...

Pillars and perspective : demarcation of the Belgian Congo-Northern Rhodesia boundary.​

snip .... "From 1911 to 1914 an Anglo-Belgian boundary commission demarcated the 885 km boundary between the Belgian Congo and Northern Rhodesia along the watershed of the Congo and Zambezi rivers with a total of just 46 markers.
Less than fifteen years later, a second Anglo-Belgian boundary commission was created to re-demarcate the boundary.
This commission marked the Belgian Congo-Northern Rhodesia boundary on the ground with nearly five times the number of pillars as the first commission."

Now that still meant there was only a marker every 4 Km. And this in quite thick bush, which I had to navigate whilst on border patrol as I mentioned in my thread .. https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/tales-of-a-colonial-policeman.279647/
This split historical tribal territories which was to cause the odd tribal altercation as I also mentioned when I was issued with orders to evict squatters from a cross border tribe and burn down their huts, after they had started building a few small villages on the wrong side of the border!

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer