Shamima Begum allowed back to the UK

syrup

LE
I do wish that the British Government would just deal with the problem. Slip someone in the camp a grand to shiv her and be done with it. She's an enemy combatant who if allowed in, would be a fifth columnist, bigging up the ISIS massive.

I don't understand why the Government just doesn't announce it's stuck a deal with Iraq or Syria wherever it was she cutting about that they won't seek the death sentence but will put her on trial
She's stated that if we think she has committed crimes then she should be put on trial

Why should we put her on trial?
She's probably banking on all we can convict her on is a bit of passport fraud and joining an illegal organisation.
Let her get put on trial where she is

70 years hard Labour will see her right.

At the time the UK removed her citizenship, she was not a Bangladeshi citizen. For her to become one, she had to apply and the Bangladesh government had to award her citizenship. There was an assumption that Bangladesh would do the UKs bidding. It did not.

IMHO she’s the UKs problem. She was born a British citizen, educated in Britain and radicalised in Britain. Don’t expect another country to pick up the mess.

We don't.

Which is why she can stay where she is.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't understand why the Government just doesn't announce it's stuck a deal with Iraq or Syria wherever it was she cutting about that they won't seek the death sentence but will put her on trial
She's stated that if we think she has committed crimes then she should be put on trial

She's probably banking on all we can convict her on is a bit of passport fraud and joining an illegal organisation.

I'd be alright with that, tbh.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
At the time the UK removed her citizenship, she was not a Bangladeshi citizen. For her to become one, she had to apply and the Bangladesh government had to award her citizenship. There was an assumption that Bangladesh would do the UKs bidding. It did not.

IMHO she’s the UKs problem. She was born a British citizen, educated in Britain and radicalised in Britain. Don’t expect another country to pick up the mess.
No. We did not render her stateless. Bangladesh could have offered her status under its own rules as they were at the time. That Bangladesh suddenly realised the baguette de merde that that presented it with and squealed is besides the point; at the point in time that we rescinded her citizenship, the door there was open. Arguably, then, surely Bangladesh rendered her stateless?

But, looking beyond that, at the point she renounced her citizenship of the UK, which she had to to become a citizen of the Caliphate, she did it herself. That the Caliphate was and is unrecognised is by the by. She declared she was no longer a UK citizen.

And now, because being all the choppy-choppy fun has her potentially on the receiving end, she wants it back.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

This is the crux of it. We've seen plenty of UK citizens tried in the countries where they've committed offences, and under the laws of those countries.

The rather unsavoury Paul Gadd was facing a firing squad in Vietnam for CSE, until he bribed the families to get off. Lindsay Sandiford is still sitting in a cell in Indonesia waiting to be shot for smuggling drugs into Bali.

Begum committed crimes where she is. Let her answer for them where she is.

The bit not being repeated in the press throughout is that the Foreign Office were in contact with her while ISIS were in the ascendant. She was very happy to stay right where she was.

The only thing that's changed is that she's not now an enforcer.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
She's drawing a bit of flak from some UK headbangers because of her transformation from hijabi to hojabi for the cameras.

Apparently she's reinforcing the notion that any sort of head covering doesn't belong in mainstream society and making women who wear the hijab in the UK be seen as extremists.

There is a point in there somewhere, but when you've got theocratic communities getting dizzy in a purity spiral then we can only point and laugh.

Hopefully, Seamuma's extended gap year experience is weighing on the scales of the next cohort looking to get into Afghanistan shortly.

TamH70

MIA

If the Banglas will not do as they are told then they should be informed that they can whistle for their aid money, and also that no more of their bloody citizens can gain access to life in the United Kingdom.

This is the crux of it. We've seen plenty of UK citizens tried in the countries where they've committed offences, and under the laws of those countries.

The rather unsavoury Paul Gadd was facing a firing squad in Vietnam for CSE, until he bribed the families to get off. Lindsay Sandiford is still sitting in a cell in Indonesia waiting to be shot for smuggling drugs into Bali.

Begum committed crimes where she is. Let her answer for them where she is.

The bit not being repeated in the press throughout is that the Foreign Office were in contact with her while ISIS were in the ascendant. She was very happy to stay right where she was.

The only thing that's changed is that she's not now an enforcer.
My bold.

I was unaware of that bit.

Would you happen to have a link for further details?

I believe the British courts have ruled that she is no longer British.

Never mind. Someone, somewhere cares what you think. Just not someone or somewhere that matters.

Now that she has f*cked off, she can stay f*cked off. Which is pretty much what the courts have said, but using more words than are really needed.

anglo

LE

According to the Citizenship Act 1951, one method of acquiring Bangladeshi nationality is via jus sanguinis (Citizenship by right of blood). This means one may acquire citizenship regardless of whether they were born on Bangladeshi sovereign territory or not. Bangladeshi citizenship is provided primarily jus sanguinis, or through bloodline, irrespective of the place or the legitimacy of the birth.[2] Therefore, any child born to a Bangladeshi woman illegitimately outside Bangladeshi soil would still be a Bangladeshi citizen, whereas a child born to two non-nationals in Bangladesh would not. This method is restricted if the child's parents also acquired their nationality through naturalisation or by descent.

I believe the British courts have ruled that she is no longer British.
I’m not sure that’s right. I think the Home Secretary removed her citizenship, and she appealed that decision to the courts.

Her first argument was that she had to come back here in order to conduct her appeal against the Home Secretary’s decision. It was that question that was before the court on the last occasion, and the court said “no, you don’t “

But I don’t think the actual substantive appeal against the removal of citizenship has been adjudicated upon yet.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Hook(less) Hamza was begging to be allowed back to a UK jail and he was in the US.
Another gobshite who lacks a spine. He was all big and clever until it came to facing it. If he truly believed whatever he professed to, he'd be taking his current situation on the chin because to believe is to see it all through.

Can we do Choudhary next, the bluffing windsock?

All pretty much irrelevant whatever we think of her and write on here.
She was 15 when she absconded, after nicking her sister's passport.
A volunteer by any definition
As a modern 15 year old she would have been on SnapChat, WhatsApp and every other social media channel multiple times daily.
Fcuk knows what she was sending out on her phone to the wider world, and to other kids in the UK and I don't really care.
What I can be sure of, by comparing a pound to a pinch of shit, is that people who are employed to read this form of media by HMG actually do read these things.
And that SIAC will have made their decision based on all of the information available and the supporting facts and intelligence material.
Including all her social media postings and I shudder to think what videos or photos were posted there.
Even if a dustbin full of severed heads didn't affect her as she said in her first interview after the shock of capture.
Forget the legal niceties and the Upper 6th Debating Society, we are not dealing with a shoplifter here.

Latest Threads