Shamima Begum allowed back to the UK

Choux Bun

Old-Salt
Sajid Javid, who revoked her British citizenship in 2019 on national security grounds when he was Home Secretary said: 'I won't go into details of the case, but what I will say is that you certainly haven't seen what I saw.' He added: 'If you did know what I knew, because you are sensible, responsible people, you would have made exactly the same decision - of that I have no doubt.'

So, spill the beans.
The Home Secretary will have made decisions on National Security based on images many of us will never see and reports many of us will never read. He therefore knows what many never will.
IMHO, given all that, we should trust his judgement rather than asking him to justify his decisions in the forum of public opinion.

The Home Secretary will have made decisions on National Security based on images many of us will never see and reports many of us will never read. He therefore knows what many never will.
IMHO, given all that, we should trust his judgement rather than asking him to justify his decisions in the forum of public opinion.
It goes against the grain to trust a politician, but in this case I agree.

Akunjee is described as 'the Begum family lawyer' , rather than Shamima Begum's lawyer .
The father is absent in Bangladesh, which members of the family does he represent , and how are they paying him?

If it's publicly funded , on what grounds are the British taxpayer expected to pay to support a non-British person ?
It’s probably “No win, no fee”!

1631902809199.png

Akunjee is described as 'the Begum family lawyer' , rather than Shamima Begum's lawyer .
The father is absent in Bangladesh, which members of the family does he represent , and how are they paying him?
I don't blame him...

If that was my daughter, I'd be changing my name to Garcia or Rodriguez and moving to South America.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
In this case, but it is never just about national security. Despite her rebranding, there does not seem to be sufficient or significant support to get the decision reviewed.
As an aside, there may be those amongst us who are less than happy with the new look. Then again, it might be said to be permissible as long as it is a means to an end and not a lifestyle choice.

In this case, but it is never just about national security. Despite her rebranding, there does not seem to be sufficient or significant support to get the decision reviewed.
As an aside, there may be those amongst us who are less than happy with the new look. Then again, it might be said to be permissible as long as it is a means to an end and not a lifestyle choice.
Begum would pose happily eating a bacon sandwich, swigging beer, and flashing her tits if it got he out of the hellhole she is in.
IF the whole ISIS gig had turned out the other way, she'd have been the Queen Bee of internet, damning UK and USA, and preaching hatred right now.
It didn't, and she is now trying desperately to airbrush the past, and make out as little miss innocent, who was misled and made a HUGE mistake, and and and...

syrup

LE
Begum would pose happily eating a bacon sandwich, swigging beer, and flashing her tits if it got he out of the hellhole she is in.

Maybe we should get her to do that as an insurance policy

That way if she ever does win her case and gets back to Tower Hamlets they'll finish her off the dirty Kafir

Sadly, certain media organisations - TOO many of them, IMHO - seem to have fallen for the lies, and are giving her the oxygen of publicity.

Exactly. No GOOD reason to showcase her case.

This most recent attempt reminded me of the supposed transition of gang members to gang crime mentors, a sketch so loved by some.

I don't understand why the security services didn't use an intermediary to pay a local thug to kill/disappear Begum.

Not only does she have it coming, but while she lives, she won't cease to be a nuisance and an expense to the taxpayer. She is - and will always be - a potential jihadi.

Once topped, she'd have generated a few days of media comment - and then been entirely forgotten.
AKA the ‘Sasha Johnson effect’.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Bloody hell, forgot all about her/that incident and so has the media it seems. Funny old thing.
Possibly because 'nasty little race-baiter with gang connections almost getting offed in targeted shooting by rival gang members after being warned not to turn up on their turf' isn't quite the same as 'equality campaigner attacked by white extremists'.

Latest Threads