Shamima Begum allowed back to the UK

She is crap at football

She should have taken lessons like this girl did instead of reading all those jihadi websites
Bend It Like Beckham (2002) - IMDb

1627825835825.png

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Times, in particular, has really gone downhill in recent years. Time and again an article is little more than a cut and paste from another newspaper and is more concerned now with censoring words in posts it does not like than accurate, hard-hitting reporting. The Times used to call itself 'The Thunderer', now it is more like 'The Whimperer'.
Originally the name Thunderer was given because the writer said it thundered against irrelevance, having gone downhill since it was founded...

The Times, in particular, has really gone downhill in recent years. Time and again an article is little more than a cut and paste from another newspaper and is more concerned now with censoring words in posts it does not like than accurate, hard-hitting reporting. The Times used to call itself 'The Thunderer', now it is more like 'The Whimperer'.
The best of a bad bunch though. The DT is even worse. Sometimes I have to check that I am not reading the Guardian by mistake. Do you know that they don't even have a retired General as Defence correspondent any more. Its a girl. Harumpf (sound of rustleling paper ).

Speaking of the Yazidis:

ISIS woman Omaima Abdi was sentenced in Hamburg.

Omaima Abdi, a Salafi jihadi woman from Hamburg, Germany. She travelled to ISIS areas in Syria with her toddlers. In Syria she married Denis Cuspert aka Deso Dog – one of Germany’s most notorious &ruthless ISIS extremists.

This year she was for a 2nd time indicted as the German authorities found evidence that Omaima Abdi used two enslaved Yadizi women to clean the house she occupied in Raqqa. Last week she received additionally six months jail time for accessory to slavery.

Note being a slaver gets you 6 months in modern Germany.

This twitter thread is from the Journo who actually made the German authorities do something, giving the full story.

Jenan Moussa a brave woman now an ISIS target

After her return from ISIS in Syria, she was never arrested, never even questioned by German authorities. It seemed nobody in Germany knew or cared she had been with ISIS.

Well worth a full read as it relates directly to Begum's case and all similar.

h/t Tom Holland (historian)

And this on how ISIS women regard Yazidi slaves from the trial in Germany

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I,m sure she is working in my local fish an chip shop with Elvis you know.

Originally the name Thunderer was given because the writer said it thundered against irrelevance, having gone downhill since it was founded...

Surely it was because of it's strong stance on matters of the day and it's willingness to hold the government to account . . .

It is something more to have been, through all these generations, a fearless critic of princes and kings and the enemy of wrong. “We thundered forth the other day,” wrote Captain Sterling in a “leader” which gave The Times its nick-name, “an article on the subject of social and political reform,” and The Times is “thundering forth” still.
. . . which reached its peak in the Crimean War with the reports of William Howard Russell and his very critical reports of how inept the British commanders were.

The best of a bad bunch though. The DT is even worse. Sometimes I have to check that I am not reading the Guardian by mistake. Do you know that they don't even have a retired General as Defence correspondent any more. Its a girl. Harumpf (sound of rustleling paper ).

It does seem that most newspapers are positioning themselves (or have already done so) to attract the eyes of some chosen (on a financial, ad-earnings, basis) specific demographic for advertising purposes. The reportage is largely filler between ads.

Shamima Begum's lawyer tweeted this last night. He's not doing his client any favours.

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 09.00.07.png

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer