Shamima Begum allowed back to the UK

syrup

LE
Erm, Doenitz was saved by the yanks.
The US submarine warfare in the Pacific carried out the same sort of actions, US Admiral Nimitz provided Doenitz with a statement to that effect.

As was Otto Skorzeny who was provided with a statement from Yeo-Thomas that cutting about in civvies or enemy uniform was a perfectly acceptable ruse in war

Before anyone feels sorry for this scummy Begum Bitch - you should maybe watch what it was like to be a Yazidi women under the control of Daesh.

Also maybe have a read of this:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Before anyone feels sorry for this scummy Begum Bitch - you should maybe watch what it was like to be a Yazidi women under the control of Daesh.

Also maybe have a read of this:
I cannot believe the levels of depravity, nor the absolute lack of reporting.

I cannot believe the levels of depravity, nor the absolute lack of reporting.
I agree, but in fairness there was some reporting at the time; the lack was not “absolute”. I was certainly aware at the time of horrific reports from public sources.

There were obvious difficulties in this making the TV headlines as much as it should have, when the only sources were refugee accounts and IS propaganda. Human rights organisations (sometimes derided by some here) did issue public reports on it from 2014 and some of that was picked up by some media at the time.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I agree, but in fairness there was some reporting at the time; the lack was not “absolute”. I was certainly aware at the time of horrific reports from public sources.

There were obvious difficulties in this making the TV headlines as much as it should have, when the only sources were refugee accounts and IS propaganda. Human rights organisations (sometimes derided by some here) did issue public reports on it from I think 2014 and some of that was picked up by some media at the time.
Yes, conceded.

I would, though, contrast the sympathetic coverage being given to Begum since IS's retreat.

There is no reason now why more couldn't be reported about this, with reportage-type coverage of the Yazidi. So existing in a camp with other terrorists is rough, huh? Writing off a skip-full of severed heads is 'just one of those things'?

As noted, some of the Yazidi are absolutely traumatised. I really can't begin to imagine some of the horror and the long-time mental, let alone physical, effects.

It would certainly serve as a strong counter to those who assert the 'innocence' and naivety of some of those who went to support IS. I suspect, however, in our current, through-the-looking-glass world it would be branded Islamophobia.

Witness straw man arguments about CSA among the majority white population over on the Rotherham thread, for instance.

Yes, conceded.

I would, though, contrast the sympathetic coverage being given to Begum since IS's retreat.

There is no reason now why more couldn't be reported about this, with reportage-type coverage of the Yazidi. So existing in a camp with other terrorists is rough, huh? Writing off a skip-full of severed heads is 'just one of those things'?

As noted, some of the Yazidi are absolutely traumatised. I really can't begin to imagine some of the horror and the long-time mental, let alone physical, effects.

It would certainly serve as a strong counter to those who assert the 'innocence' and naivety of some of those who went to support IS. I suspect, however, in our current, through-the-looking-glass world it would be branded Islamophobia.

Witness straw man arguments about CSA among the majority white population over on the Rotherham thread, for instance.
Very fair points, but it would be wrong to think that there hasn’t been MSM reporting and commentary contrasting Begum’s case with the plight of the Yazidis. Which of course doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make the points which you are making in your own powerful way. Begum decided to leave the UK several months after authoritative reporting appeared about the plight of the Yazidis.

If it please the court may I ask how these people can be contacted? Surely a letter to their last known address would suffice since they're no longer resident in this country. Or are our lordships suggesting that we should send a team out to whichever shithole we believe they're residing in, ask to speak to them and pass on the good news?

TamH70

MIA
If it please the court may I ask how these people can be contacted? Surely a letter to their last known address would suffice since they're no longer resident in this country. Or are our lordships suggesting that we should send a team out to whichever shithole we believe they're residing in, ask to speak to them and pass on the good news?

Write the letter on the side of the JDAM used to give them the final reward a traitor deserves? That'd work.

A full page ad in The Guardian might work.

Facebook ?

There is no reason now why more couldn't be reported about this
, with reportage-type coverage of the Yazidi. So existing in a camp with other terrorists is rough, huh? Writing off a skip-full of severed heads is 'just one of those things'?

Follow the money.

The vast majority of pro Begum media content orginates through Qatari funded PR agencies in London and / or media outlets. It is carefully calibrated to get her rehabilitated, sending a big message to the radical leaning Muslim population in the UK.

It is well designed allowing ill / half informed media commentators to engage in whattaboutry and to get discussions running and it facilitates sympathetic interviews. In the UK media PR reps as in those who create and place stories in the MSN, now outnumber actual journalists and they have much bigger expense accounts.

Qatar is the biggest spender on media and lobbying influence ops in Washington and London, bigger than China or Saudi, and its all with their particular MB slant. And lets not forget who was the biggest funder of ISIS in the early years.

But how can this be you say - well thousands of near slave labourers have died in Qatar building the World cup stadia and you don’t hear about much about that either. The next World cup will be played on fields of bones.

There is a steady stream of media about the Yazidi’s plight but it tends to be pushed by individuals with clout rather than major MSM editorial standpoint. For example significant liberal influencers like historian Tom Holland, has been really good in drawing attention to their plight on his various platforms, including his interviews with Yazidi families (or what was left) on his superb C4 ISIS documentary, well worth watching.

A UK Yazidi Charity he supports and promotes:

You can sponsor him to help them here:

Our media is not what it was, a few honourable names are, but most are up for an easy and comfortable life, if Qatari funded PR agencies / ‘journalists’ give them free stories to run with pictures that will give good click bait then they will go with it, morality be damned.

School fees to pay what what.

Last edited:
Follow the money.

The vast majority of pro Begum media content orginates through Qatari funded PR agencies in London and / or media outlets. It is carefully calibrated to get her rehabilitated, sending a big message to the radical leaning Muslim population in the UK.

It is well designed allowing ill / half informed media commentators to engage in whattaboutry and to get discussions running and it facilitates sympathetic interviews. In the UK media PR reps as in those who create and place stories in the MSN, now outnumber actual journalists and they have much bigger expense accounts.

Qatar is the biggest spender on media and lobbying influence ops in Washington and London, bigger than China or Saudi, and its all with their particular MB slant. And lets not forget who was the biggest funder of ISIS in the early years.

But how can this be you say - well thousands of near slave labourers have died in Qatar building the World cup stadia and you don’t hear about much about that either. The next World cup will be played on fields of bones.

There is a steady stream of media about the Yazidi’s plight but it tends to be pushed by individuals with clout rather than major MSM editorial standpoint. For example significant liberal influencers like historian Tom Holland, has been really good in drawing attention to their plight on his various platforms, including his interviews with Yazidi families (or what was left) on his superb C4 ISIS documentary, well worth watching.

Our media is not what it was, a few honourable names are, but most are up for an easy and comfortable life, if Qatari funded PR agencies / ‘journalists’ give them free stories to run with pictures that will give good click bait then they will go with it, morality be damned.

Any reason the Qatari's can't take her in then. There must be lots of Bangladeshi's in Qator. I hear its nice at this time of the year.

Follow the money.

The Times, in particular, has really gone downhill in recent years. Time and again an article is little more than a cut and paste from another newspaper and is more concerned now with censoring words in posts it does not like than accurate, hard-hitting reporting. The Times used to call itself 'The Thunderer', now it is more like 'The Whimperer'.

The Times, in particular, has really gone downhill in recent years. Time and again an article is little more than a cut and paste from another newspaper and is more concerned now with censoring words in posts it does not like than accurate, hard-hitting reporting. The Times used to call itself 'The Thunderer', now it is more like 'The Whimperer'.
Maybe, but Anthony Loyd’s reports from the region, including finding Shamima Begum and securing that first interview which was so devastating for her cause, were for The Times.

Maybe, but Anthony Loyd’s reports from the region, including finding Shamima Begum and securing that first interview which was so devastating for her cause, were for The Times.
For example, in Dec 2014 The Times published a report by Loyd under the headline "Yazidi girls dragged by their hair into sexual slavery and sold for $25", including this:
Last week a Times investigation exposed the grooming and funding of British teenage girls to move to Syria to become jihadist brides. Eleven young women are known to have left Britain to marry Isis fighters, but the real number is believed to be much higher.

Any reason the Qatari's can't take her in then. There must be lots of Bangladeshi's in Qator. I hear its nice at this time of the year.
She is crap at football

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer