Shamima Begum allowed back to the UK

Chef

LE
She only want to return to the UK
She misses life here and she's growing board of having to queue for daily crucifixions and only having beheadings on TICK TOK.
She wants to return for a warm pint of John Smiths and a game of cricket

I do believe Holland has already given him the Spanish Fiddler and he to is stateless
Spanish Fiddler? Never heard that before. What's it mean please?

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm under no illusions that there are plenty of people saying that IS didn't represent any ideology that is shared across Islamism and that the only thing wrong was how they implemented the caliphate system.

The longer IS prisoners are languishing in dusty desert camps, the louder and more comprehensive the message is that the world won't tolerate the dregs of the Western world decamping to any destabilised part of the world to participate in jihad. If they all "come home" then there's no message to no repeat that attempt.

We, in our capacity as good guys, did far worse to the women & children of Germany in WW2. Keeping Seamuma in a tent in Syria is hardly up there with op Gomorrah.

Oh do come along.

With the benefit of modern sentimentality and virtue-signalling, it's easy to say such things. You seem to be handily ignoring what WW2 actually was - a very real life or death battle for survival against one of the most dangerous, efficient and industrious armies there's ever been.

Women and children shouldn't be targeted, I agree with you, but you seem to forget that the Hitler Youth were being utilised to defend cities with AA guns and Panzerfausts and those women were working in munition factories and others that all helped in the war effort against the Allies.

I can tell you right now that if my family had died as a result of German bombing, I wouldn't give a stuff about German women and children, I'd want the war to end and if that meant killing civilians in the country that killed mine, too bad.

I agree with a great many things you say, as you are one of the more reasoned posters here, but on this, we absolutely diverge.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh do come along.

With the benefit of modern sentimentality and virtue-signalling, it's easy to say such things. You seem to be handily ignoring what WW2 actually was - a very real life or death battle for survival against one of the most dangerous, efficient and industrious armies there's ever been.

Women and children shouldn't be targeted, I agree with you, but you seem to forget that the Hitler Youth were being utilised to defend cities with AA guns and Panzerfausts and those women were working in munition factories and others that all helped in the war effort against the Allies.

I can tell you right now that if my family had died as a result of German bombing, I wouldn't give a stuff about German women and children, I'd want the war to end and if that meant killing civilians in the country that killed mine, too bad.

I agree with a great many things you say, as you are one of the more reasoned posters here, but on this, we absolutely diverge.
Maybe I've not expressed myself very well as the point I was making was that we, as in the UK, are justified in maintaining the current status of keeping IS families from resuming their normal lives. The "case law" being our conduct in WW2 through the medium of bomber command.

I think there has to be a message that is sent out to all prospective Begum's. Do what you did and this is the ostracising from the normal society you shall receive.

Reading a book lately and the one thing that alledgedly gives suicide bombers succour is knowing that they (and their families) will not be punished for the crime they commit.
Now if the bomber's family incurred the losses which the bomber would have incurred, it is percived this would reduce down the occurrences fo these heinous crimes.

I realise a lot of liberals would be all over this, but that is life eh

I think there has to be a message that is sent out to all prospective Begum's. Do what you did and this is the ostracising from the normal society you shall receive.

Reading a book lately and the one thing that alledgedly gives suicide bombers succour is knowing that they (and their families) will not be punished for the crime they commit.
Now if the bomber's family incurred the losses which the bomber would have incurred, it is percived this would reduce down the occurrences fo these heinous crimes.

I realise a lot of liberals would be all over this, but that is life eh
Sippenhaft, Herr Himmler?

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sippenhaft, Herr Himmler?
Saxon justice.

Commit a crime you are punished and your family put out of their homes.

Led to communities of outlaws....

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Maybe I've not expressed myself very well as the point I was making was that we, as in the UK, are justified in maintaining the current status of keeping IS families from resuming their normal lives. The "case law" being our conduct in WW2 through the medium of bomber command.

Sorry, I suspect that my lack of caffeine this morning is an issue, but I'm failing to see the correlation between WW2 and IS.

Our conduct in WW2 was not sadistic, nor malicious, it was not a war crime by the standards of the day and nor was Bomber Harris hanged for his deeds. It was expedient and in keeping with the behaviours of all combatants at that time.

IS sawing off people's heads and burning them alive for entertainment purposes is not in the same ballpark. It shows a malignancy of intent and evilness that is on par with the beheading competitions carried out by the Japanese in WW2.

syrup

LE
Sorry, I suspect that my lack of caffeine this morning is an issue, but I'm failing to see the correlation between WW2 and IS.

Our conduct in WW2 was not sadistic, nor malicious, it was not a war crime by the standards of the day and nor was Bomber Harris hanged for his deeds. It was expedient and in keeping with the behaviours of all combatants at that time.

IS sawing off people's heads and burning them alive for entertainment purposes is not in the same ballpark. It shows a malignancy of intent and evilness that is on par with the beheading competitions carried out by the Japanese in WW2.

I though that was his point

That in WW2 we had no issues with killing the enemy's women and children as part of total war.
However we are now in a situation where we are fighting an enemy with no compassion but are squeamish about hurting their women and children.
In WW2 we would have wrecked Racca from one end to the other regardless who's living there
Now we are chasing pickup trucks with million dollar jets to hit them with million dollar missiles to avoid collateral damage.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I though that was his point

That in WW2 we had no issues with killing the enemy's women and children as part of total war.
However we are now in a situation where we are fighting an enemy with no compassion but are squeamish about hurting their women and children.
In WW2 we would have wrecked Racca from one end to the other regardless who's living there
Now we are chasing pickup trucks with million dollar jets to hit them with million dollar missiles to avoid collateral damage.
Thanks for the clarification, if correct.

It makes sense as I know that @BarcelonaAnalPark is not a fan of IS.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Going back to the WW2 comparison, it's quite clear that the Allies taking the gloves off at every level was part of the reason that the war was concluded as quick as it was & with the total ending of the Nazi party as a coherent movement.

We're 20 years into this forever war and all we're achieving is prolonging it. Supremacist & totalitarian ideologies survive as long as it appears to be a viable option for people. It will have adherents and recruits until everything that sustains it is scorched.

Latest Threads