Shamima Begum allowed back to the UK

I haven’t said I’m not bothered.
That’s just you being you you………it’s up to you if you read that as you telling lies or you making things up. :)

I have however agreed that your posts make me emotional……and have told you what that emotion was……….it hasn’t changed.
I’m still amused by your posts.
You also posted that you surround your self with racists.

Last edited:

Slime

LE
You also posted that you surround your self with racists.

Feel free to quote the post where I said I 'surround myself with racists'.
I know you can't do that, and you are just telling lies again, but the challenge is still there. :)

Others here will know that I know people in the BLM movement (and why I mix with people from various political leanings), but then I know hundreds of people.
The more I see of your posts the more I can see why others voted you to be SPOTY.

I don't vote in threads that, but of late your posts have reminded me of a well known Jewish saying you may be aware of: If ten people tell you that you are sick, it's time to lie down.

Slime

LE
Feel free to quote the post where I said I 'surround myself with racists'.
I know you can't do that, and you are just telling lies again, but the challenge is still there. :)

Others here will know that I know people in the BLM movement (and why I mix with people from various political leanings), but then I know hundreds of people.
The more I see of your posts the more I can see why others voted you to be SPOTY.

I don't vote in threads that, but of late your posts have reminded me of a well known Jewish saying you may be aware of: If ten people tell you that you are sick, it's time to lie down.
Again, I’ve said many times I support the team taking the knee whilst disagreeing with it, I support the message. You and @Cold_Collation compared it to the Nazi salut on the vague connection it’s a political gesture, when the FA, Players, Manager have stated it isn’t aligned to any.

Walter_Ego

Old-Salt
That last line is interesting. I generally avoid these sort of programmes on the basis that I don't need any additional exposure to wokery.
Can anyone vouch that this is a quality piece of impartial broadcast journalism ?

At some point since 1950 it must have become obvious that Muslim immigration brings with it a terrorist threat, but at no point has any government stopped it. Criminal negligence ?

At the time the big issues were, I would suggest, Irish and communist terrorism. Islamic terrorism wasn't even on the radar.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
At the time the big issues were, I would suggest, Irish and communist terrorism. Islamic terrorism wasn't even on the radar.
Noises were being made as far back as the 1980s over the rather liberal take we had on providing shelter to dissident groups. It wasn't us who coined terms such as 'Londonistan', it was others such as the French who were concerned at some of those we were allowing in.

When radicalisation really got a foothold is more of the debate. to my mind, it was during Blair's tenure when any criticism of mass inward migration was shut down with accusations of racism and the introduction onto the statute books of Hate Crime. Criticism was stifled and some people took full advantage.

@BarcelonaAnalPark @Boumer - care to add anything/put me right?

Noises were being made as far back as the 1980s over the rather liberal take we had on providing shelter to dissident groups. It wasn't us who coined terms such as 'Londonistan', it was others such as the French who were concerned at some of those we were allowing in.

When radicalisation really got a foothold is more of the debate. to my mind, it was during Blair's tenure when any criticism of mass inward migration was shut down with accusations of racism and the introduction onto the statute books of Hate Crime. Criticism was stifled and some people took full advantage.

That, Is more likely, but the original comment was aimed at the 50's and 60's.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer

It probably seems like much of a muchness but the different strands of Islamic conservatism and extremism have been here ever since the history of grievances but not necessarily connected to each other.

Whereas before the root of these different strands was probably rooted in nation-state based resistance, in my mind now it's all very much focused on building a collective identity & the momentum from that.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It probably seems like much of a muchness but the different strands of Islamic conservatism and extremism have been here ever since the history of grievances but not necessarily connected to each other.

Whereas before the root of these different strands was probably rooted in nation-state based resistance, in my mind now it's all very much focused on building a collective identity & the momentum from that.
Perhaps I need to rephrase my question: when did the sort of radicalism that we would recognise as such now really start to gain traction?

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps I need to rephrase my question: when did the sort of radicalism that we would recognise as such now really start to gain traction?
Probably mid-90s but the genesis for that can probably be found in 1979 Mecca, early-90's Algeria & 1980's Afghanistan.

Slime

LE
I would also say early '90s when the GIA and others were kicking off in the Maghreb.
Over the space of 4 or 5 years London suddenly had a massive influx of North African families, from both sides of the divide, and the radicals preaching in the mosques had a field day.
Funnily enough the crime figures went up with that, as did benefit fraud for more fundraising.
A bit like when the Tamils in the UK discovered employment in a certain chain of petrol stations gave them direct access to credit card details for their brand of fundraising.
All long long before September 11th.
(Another thing John Major ignored that has revisited us)

When Shamima gets banged-up pregnant again, Britain must extend much support to make sure this one survives.

Well, long enough at least to get it papers for the country of its birth. Then she automatically gets the right to reside where the child is and job jobbed

Bye bye Begum.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
When Shamima gets banged-up pregnant again, Britain must extend much support to make sure this one survives.

Well, long enough at least to get it papers for the country of its birth. Then she automatically gets the right to reside where the child is and job jobbed

Bye bye Begum.
Heh. Stand by for the next raft of assertions... that she was in a hell where she and others were forced to be baby machines - raped, effectively.

Latest Threads