Shamima Begum allowed back to the UK

Better off reading translations of Homer IMHO. Which I've done, though quite a few years ago now. Those Greek gods REALLY knew how to party.

From The Iliad to The Simpsons, its a bit of a career drop though

I had to Google that one.

I think you're onto something there.
He certainly has the bicycle saddle sniffer vibe about him.

I think he's alright - he kept me amused and, as Plantymajor pointed out, he would have been a better choice to do the signing at Nelson Mandela's funeral

Agreed re politics and the workings of society. However in the past, when literacy was far more limited, it also left us clues and lessons from the past. Whatever we think of the Bible, the translation to German then English, plus the printing press, was a major step in improving literacy and knowledge.
The translations into native languages killed the ability of priests to spout some Latinised mumbo jumbo and claim authority over the peasantry, like making up rules as they went along to preserve their status as the guardians of knowledge and truth.
Much like Daesh did.

Walter_Ego

Old-Salt
I’m happy to be corrected but it seems:
- No longer has British citizenship
- Has Pakistani citizenship because of relations
- Has relations in Pakistan
- Should xxxx off to Pakistan (if they’ll have her)
- Caveat - if they don’t want then shut up. She made her bed and should now lay in it.

Tis the way I currently see it?
Or maybe another Islamic country can offer her sanctuary? No? No-one offered yet?
Why the U.K. has to ‘have her back’ I don’t know.
IIRC she's Bangladeshi

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
The translations into native languages killed the ability of priests to spout some Latinised mumbo jumbo and claim authority over the peasantry, like making up rules as they went along to preserve their status as the guardians of knowledge and truth.
Much like Daesh did.

On the contrary. IS spent a lot of time and effort in making their ideological material accessible to all and sundry. They had a very sophisticated translation operation running to make sure all their media was available to many, many audiences.

DarkBrig

War Hero
I have thought long and hard over this issue and am very grateful its not my decision to make .
As more and more time passes i do feel somewhat inclined to have her back in the UK on the strict rule of NO press interviews no books nor published materiel and and if she or her family/friends breaks the terms of such an agreement signs a form of relinquishing her claim to British nationality and she get hoofs back to sandy climes pronto ..
I admire your faith in the system, however your clearly delusional if you think once she is here she will get sent back for some transgression. Personally I would drop a bomb on her and then kill all her relatives here for good measure it's a gene pool thing. We need to wake up to the fact that these people hate us with a passion and no amount of appeasement will ever be enough until we (the west) are gone and the world is back to being a medieval 3rd world shithole.

I'm forecasting she will come back at some point.

A government that allows 3 million Muslims to migrate here since 1950 knowing full well the religion contains the biggest active terrorist threat in the world doesn't give two hoots for our safety. One more Islamic maniac won't make much difference.

One assumes that the Governmnet in the 1950s had a crystal ball to see the emergence and radicalisation patterns developing and then accelerating in the 1970s?

Or were we to base our assessment on something like.....

OIP.FB0fLGJCTtycIQibeubyxgAAAA

On the contrary. IS spent a lot of time and effort in making their ideological material accessible to all and sundry. They had a very sophisticated translation operation running to make sure all their media was available to many, many audiences.

Oh take your thoughtfullness and bothering to read things and just **** off will you. You're not welcome here on ARRSE

Just because we can't be bothered to invest in long term, that's a typical shabby muslamic trick bothering to translate stuff and have resilient hosting.

ahyo93d-700x.gif

That's actually a very fair point mate. Perhaps the possibility of bringing her back and prosecuting was looked at before and found to have a low chance of success, hence the ripping up of the passport

And tbh, whilst I don't doubt all the claims about her are indeed true, they may well be very hard to prove. I can't see ISIS being great record keepers, nor the storage facility for said records still being in existence
you are absolutely right, along with the huge burden of surveillance if she was out on bail.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh take your thoughtfullness and bothering to read things and just **** off will you. You're not welcome here on ARRSE

Just because we can't be bothered to invest in long term, that's a typical shabby muslamic trick bothering to translate stuff and have resilient hosting.

ahyo93d-700x.gif
I'm sure you feel the same, but I'm sure if people actually took the time to listen to what IS are / we're saying then there'd far fewer misconceptions about what they are about. People would definitely not be so free & easy in their support for having this totalitarian & supremacist ideology living & breathing amongst us.

you are absolutely right, along with the huge burden of surveillance if she was out on bail.
The remand application for that one writes itself though doesn't it?

Either she was so credulous that she was trafficked out of the country, or she managed to flee the UK.

What reasonable conditions could you put on her to prevent her absconding?

Surrender passport.....? She evaded that one.

If you can't remand this one as a Prosecutor, give up.

I’m happy to be corrected but it seems:
- No longer has British citizenship
- Has Pakistani citizenship because of relations
- Has relations in Pakistan
- Should xxxx off to Pakistan (if they’ll have her)
- Caveat - if they don’t want then shut up. She made her bed and should now lay in it.

Tis the way I currently see it?
Or maybe another Islamic country can offer her sanctuary? No? No-one offered yet?
Why the U.K. has to ‘have her back’ I don’t know.

She was born here and deprived of nationality under fairly tenuous grounds*?

Her British citizenship was deprived on the grounds that she had Bangladeshi citizenship as a descended right from her father to such citizenship.

She herself was not born there, and has never applied for such citizenship (and Bangladesh has said they would not grant her citizenship).

“The government of Bangladesh is deeply concerned that she has been erroneously identified as a holder of dual citizenship,” said a statement.

“Bangladesh asserts that Ms Begum is not a Bangladeshi citizen. She is a British citizen by birth and never applied for dual nationality with Bangladesh… there is no question of her being allowed to enter into Bangladesh.”

We have not removed her child's British nationality though, despite that being born abroad.

So we have;

Deprived someone born in the UK of their British nationality on the grounds of national security and avoided making them "stateless" on the grounds that they or could be are the national of a country they were not born in and have never been to, and that country says "nothing to do with us", but allowed the British nationality of the child of that person to stand despite the child not being born in the UK or the country we assert she is a national of.

I'm sure to the Home Office it looked a clever solution to a complex problem.

I have a rather simple mind, and it would have seemed far less problematic to simply extradite her once the Kurds had done with their legal system or allowed them to deport her. Then try and put her in prison for a long time, instead of allow her to become a pity figure and pawn in our stupid culture wars.

*Which is absolutely a matter for the courts to decide, that's just my opinion.

Agreed re politics and the workings of society. However in the past, when literacy was far more limited, it also left us clues and lessons from the past. Whatever we think of the Bible, the translation to German then English, plus the printing press, was a major step in improving literacy and knowledge.
Is was forced as a child to attend Sunday school, attend church, expected To attend in the early years of my military career, it offered nothing to me, to be honest it reminds me of death, suffering, pain and anger.
It’s a pointless exercise for people who want to cling onto the hope that it’s more than lights of when you go. If people need to have a belief system to help them function fine, however don’t try and convince the rest of us it’s legitimate,

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Is was forced as a child to attend Sunday school, attend church, expected To attend in the early years of my military career, it offered nothing to me, to be honest it reminds me of death, suffering, pain and anger.
It’s a pointless exercise for people who want to cling onto the hope that it’s more than lights of when you go. If people need to have a belief system to help them function fine, however don’t try and convince the rest of us it’s legitimate,
Don’t use that belief system to justify genocide, you mean.

Latest Threads