Shami Chakrabarti

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Aug 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Notable by her absence during the current situation? Does she still have the "top job" at Liberty?
  2. She is storing up all the outrage about night courts, over aggressive approach by the police and vigilanties.

Once the embers have died out she will be on Sky New and question time spewing out over the videos of police brutality!!
  3. Probably doesn't have much to add - I would expect Liberty's line to be pretty anti-rioter too?
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

if she speaks up too loudly then she gets lumped in with iran, syria and libya so I guess she will turn up on newsnight defending the fact that no one will get anything like a sentence out of it.

FFS they had a magistrate on sky saying that there was no chance of anyone under 18 getting any sort of punishment. when the rioters were asked if they were worried the response was 'I can live with an asbo' and he probably wouldnt get any more than that

that little 11 year old scrote was told he was bound at home under care of adults, he was too young to tag (12). left the court and he wandered off down the street being chased by his angry aunty - court dress - tracksuit 2 mobile phones!
  6. Chip-butty was on SKY News earlier saying that the police in Manchester had been heavy-handed with rioters and that the courts must not be swayed by the public shock and horror, and that those arrested must be treated with dignity and fairness whatever the charges against them.

She went on to say that those involved in disorder, although they were law breakers, still had human rights, and the right to a fair trial and legal aid.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sadly predictable response, Goering could have done with her at Nuremberg!!
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

if they burnt down her temple I wonder what her attitude would be?
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

How this pampered cretin can open her mouth and bleat at a time like this astounds me. Quite simply, the criminals that have been looting, pillaging and terrorizing the streets recently deserve every truncheon, baton round or jackboot they get. She should consider her battles more carefully in her Ivory tower at Oxford Brookes and return to crying about us infringing terrorists' human rights.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. That is brilliant!
  11. Don't worry chaps it's Question Time tonight on the BBC I believe, she's bound to be on it.

Bloody hell, just checked, she's not. Must be doing some work as a Charlie Chaplin look a like somewhere.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Taking an interest in ensuring fair trials for all, doesn't strike me as particularly radical... I'd certainly want one if my home was attacked and I had to rely on my Messr Beretta, Beratta & Miroku domestic insurance policy.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

I quite like the girl at least she's solid and consistant unlike government ministers. If I got dipped in shit I know who I would be calling.
  14. They do deserve everything they get, you're right. Thing is though they haven't seen anything like what they deserve.

Yes, I've seen some get ragged about, one pulled of his bike and another take three hits from a baton. She's not saying much because there's fuck all to say. I'm sure the police were biting at the bit wanting to crush the rioting but because of idiots like Ms Skakeyabooty they can't because their hands are tied.

You think she'd be happy wouldn't you? All those little misunderstood darlings able to express themselves freely without being oppressed by such novel ideas as the law or punishment stunting their emotional growth.

I hope she gets fanny cancer.
    • Like Like x 6
  15. And there was me hoping she'd been trampled to death in the stampede for plasma tellies and kappa tracksuits...
    • Like Like x 1