shameless plug

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by DieHard, Sep 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

My son is 23 and has aspergers syndrome and autism.
    Last year he wrote a science fiction book and has had it published through relentless hard work. The book is called
    THE FIELD TRIP and the author is Stephen Cheshire, but its only available on amazon.
    He struggled big time to get this book done and has submitted a 2nd one and also done a manuscript for a film, all this while having disabilities and the added aggro of me constantly going in to hospital, he spent all his money from his part time job going to New York for research and to talk to the publisher so much that he got into debt unnoticed by the Mrs and me, which we have now sorted for him.
    I would encourage you all to buy his book from amazon.
    He has a very low self esteem and only a couple of friends I would love to see his face if sales of his book shot up.
    This is as my title says, A Shameless Plug I can't do much to help him so I'm asking for a little help.
    Once again the book is titled THE FIELD trip By Stephen Cheshire available on amazon. Thanks for your time in reading this thread

• Like Like x 3
  2. DieHard, perhaps a paragraph or two on here as a taster.........

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ahem. There's no more in stock now. "Someone" has bought the last copy.

Good luck to your lad!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Good effort all round, I think I may have to take a nose at that.
    My oldest has aspergers so I can understand the effort that's gone into it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Looks like its target audience is a hell of a lot younger than me, having read the blurb on Amazon. However I've bought a copy anyways, I can give it to my sixteen year old to read (that's if he ever gets bored of shagging his girlfriend!)

• Like Like x 2
  6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Think that was me :)

7. Isn't there an ikindle version?

Sent from my iPoop touch using ARRSE app

8. I bet I get my copy before you do.........

• Like Like x 2
  9. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

The aliens charged up the narrow corridor towards them. Bradley watched as the group ran ahead. Kate slowed down as she panted for breath. Bradley ran up behind her, ''just go.'' he yelled. ''ill catch up.''
    He opened fire at the line of aliens running towards him. Kevin lee the group away towards the exit, ''come on.'' he yelled.
    Bradley looked over his shoulder as the group disappeared. If swung around.. sprinting up the long corridor, trying not to slip on the floor. He skidded around the corner looking for the group, and looked up to the t junction of the corridor as the aliens came from all directions. He turned his head and looked at a stretcher and the two oxygen canisters behind it. Bradley smiled and snapped his fingers. He dropped to the floor and lifted the canisters up. ''Jesus Christ!'' he gasped.

Just a small snippet here I'm doing this on my phone cos laptop is up the slot again.

10. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Ahem. There's no more in stock now. "Someone" has bought the last copy.

Its an on demand book, if you order it they will still send it to you.
    I just showed the thread to him and he got all emotional so I'm poking at my phone with wet eyes ( dam hayfever ).
    He has reassured me that if it says out of stock they will get it out to you from the printers.

Good luck to your lad![/QUOTE]

Thanks to all of you for your kind words

• Like Like x 4
  11. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

My son just told me that the publishers are sending in more books to amazon if anyone is interested

12. Got mine today. It's Waterloo Road night though......

13. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Might I suggest that you contact the publisher (or give me their name) and we will get a copy for review on here. We will make sure it gets publicity, and the publishers love us doing their books.

14. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Thankyou
    I will get it as soon as he comes in, I only know its a publisher in new York.

15. According to the blurb it's Raider Publishing International.