Shameless Commercial Notice

I've recently changed roles and have abandoned the heady delights of being Head of IT for my company and am now a greedy and heartless infosec consultant, still with the same firm, which has a stonking reputation and is neither a Big 5 nor a fly-by-night outfit.

I'd be very keen to make contact with anyone ex-Corps involved in corporate security, particularly in the City - and buy them an expensive lunch.

PM me if you would be interested in becoming an entry in Glad's Little List.

Hah! Consultant scum. You buy me fatboy lunch, I abuse you endlessly, you laugh at my pitiful jokes, eh? I'm up for it.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Glad_its_all_over said:

I'd be very keen to make contact with anyone ex-Corps involved in corporate security, particularly in the City - and buy them an expensive lunch.

Sounds great.

Can I choose which city ?

Cutaway said:
Glad_its_all_over said:

Sounds great.

'Course you can, as long as it's London. Or Vienna next month.

Whiskybreath said:
Hah! Consultant scum. You buy me fatboy lunch, I abuse you endlessly, you laugh at my pitiful jokes, eh? I'm up for it.
No probs. You drink many shorts, sign PO, me love you long time.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Glad_its_all_over said:
Cutaway said:
Glad_its_all_over said:

Sounds great.

'Course you can, as long as it's London. ...
Bugger ! Another born again Henry Ford.

You ring my bell, Glad. I see you Harare Intnl; I wear poppy, you wear French Tickler, yes?

(PS; Poppy, you available? Big Consultancy Fee.)

Whiskybreath said:
You ring my bell, Glad. I see you Harare Intnl; I wear poppy, you wear French Tickler, yes?
where exactly are you planning to wear me?

I am available - probably. Anything for a free lunch - I mean anything to help the Int Corps out...............

which restaurant have you in mind?

Whiskybreath said:
Good grief, that was quick!....
I used to work with someone whos catchphrase was "there's the quick and there's the disappointed"

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Poppy said:
I am available - probably. Anything for a free lunch - I mean anything to help the Int Corps out...............

which restaurant have you in mind?

Poppy, have you seen OldAdam's signature just here?
Be aware that TANSTAAFL.

Whiskybreath said:

My friend Happyness at the Meikles has already sorted out the Merc transfers and a double room. Wear a green hat.

Glad_its_all_over said:
Whiskybreath said:

My friend Happyness at the Meikles has already sorted out the Merc transfers and a double room. Wear a green hat.[/quot

That would be so wrong.

Meikles has a dress policy, green is not a colour to grace a tifter of note.

Letterwritingman said:
Glad_its_all_over said:
Whiskybreath said:

My friend Happyness at the Meikles has already sorted out the Merc transfers and a double room. Wear a green hat.
That would be so wrong.

...green is not a colour to grace a titfer of note.
And this in the Corps forum? For shame, Sir, for shame.

Just thought you should know, Glad; I have a large band of Consultant and Contractor scum on site at the moment, all eager to please, and all for the chance to fondle the forex. Two of them even brought me jars of Kalamata Olives and Marmite up from the Civilised South, in a (partly successful) attempt to curry favour! It's a good life! :D

Whiskybreath said:
Just thought you should know, Glad; I have a large band of Consultant and Contractor scum on site at the moment, all eager to please, and all for the chance to fondle the forex. Two of them even brought me jars of Kalamata Olives and Marmite up from the Civilised South, in a (partly successful) attempt to curry favour! It's a good life! :D
Depending upon which hemisphere you currently occupy, bribes, um presents available range from marmite to boerewors. Or, if you're in West Africa, penicillin.

Doxycyclin if you please. Penicillin is so 1950s. (...and doxy zaps lots of understains, too....)

Wish you the very best in your new-found role, Glad. Remember: Smile, The Tw*t's Baiting you because the Tw*t Can.

:)

Whiskybreath said:
Doxycyclin if you please. Penicillin is so 1950s. (...and doxy zaps lots of understains, too....)

Wish you the very best in your new-found role, Glad. Remember: Smile, The Tw*t's Baiting you because the Tw*t Can.

:)
Thanks for that. I do have some form for consultancy in the gap between the Army and a proper job, so am familiar with the various techniques to offset client irritation, notably the "widdly supplement" [1] to the invoice.

[1] Acronym WDLY - We Don't Like You - at least 50% uplift on the hours and exes.