Shameless abuse of power, and self interest!

#1
Guilty I'm afraid.

Last week our dog died from Xylitol poisoning. Xylitol is a sugar replacement that's fine for people, but as we have found out to our cost highly toxic to dogs and some other pets.

If you're on FaceFanny please can you go here http://www.facebook.com/The.Eddy.Project and like the page and share it with as many people as you can.

and if you would like to see the Mrs first ever attempt at a website then go here Project Eddy - Home

We are trying to raise awareness of just how toxic Xylitol is to dogs and cats and then we are going to try and get manufacturers to apply appropriate labeling to their products. We're not trying to ban the stuff, only to have it labeled so people get to make an informed choice.

Ta.
 
#4
I didn't know that. Very interesting. Whilst I am sorry for the loss of your dog, I think i will make some catfood ball with heaps of this stuff in it and leave them in the garden so that when one or other of the 12 cats owned by people in my small cul-de-sac come to shit in my garden, they will eat these tasty morsels and hopefully die slowly and painfully whilst in their owners houses.

I owe you big time ! :)
 
#8
Guilty I'm afraid.

Last week our dog died from Xylitol poisoning. Xylitol is a sugar replacement that's fine for people, but as we have found out to our cost highly toxic to dogs and some other pets.

If you're on FaceFanny please can you go here http://www.facebook.com/The.Eddy.Project and like the page and share it with as many people as you can.

and if you would like to see the Mrs first ever attempt at a website then go here Project Eddy - Home

We are trying to raise awareness of just how toxic Xylitol is to dogs and cats and then we are going to try and get manufacturers to apply appropriate labeling to their products. We're not trying to ban the stuff, only to have it labeled so people get to make an informed choice.

Ta.
Cheers for that.

Allegedly safe for humans anyway , why do we need shit like this ?, if fat cnuts practiced "eat less move more" it would not be manufactured .
 
#9
Is it a painfull death for them? How fast or slow and symptoms?

I ask cos my kids Moggie ate some weight loss stuff over a few weeks we recon and croaked it but not before it went incontinent. Vet said its kidneys packed up and these things happened but I wondered if it were linked to the powder she was licking.
 
#13
Is it a painfull death for them? How fast or slow and symptoms?

I ask cos my kids Moggie ate some weight loss stuff over a few weeks we recon and croaked it but not before it went incontinent. Vet said its kidneys packed up and these things happened but I wondered if it were linked to the powder she was licking.
Sounds very familiar mate. Eddy did not have and easy death. Death by Xylitol seems to go two ways for a dog. Really fast via hypoglycemic coma or quite slow via liver failure and other assorted nastys. Eddy didn't go the easy way I'm afraid.

Xlyiltol is also not always being disclosed in products sometimes it appears as sugar alcohols!
 
#17
Vet was saying onions are poisonous to dogs and xilitol is a naturally forming sugar isn't it?
Xlitol is naturally occurring in the same way as uranium is naturally occurring. Both exist in nature but to get it to be any use its processed to ****. Xlitol is marketed as natural, but after a crash course and research on it, its processed to **** in a very heavily industrial way using some pretty serious chemicals to extract it. commercially it seems the best sources are Maize cobs and hard wood! so get one tree pulp it, catalyze it with some real nasty chemicals and acids then filter it off and dry the residue out hey presto a natural product!
 
#18
Vet was saying onions are poisonous to dogs and xilitol is a naturally forming sugar isn't it?
Don't know about onions but xylitol is naturally formed in things like mushrooms. Corn cobs are a rich source as well.

The trouble (if that's the right word) is that it's actually dental protective so it's use should be encouraged but as Bickies says it should be labelled and we need to spread the word.

Eddy was a Jack Russell btw and looked a great dog.
 
#19
And listen to a grown mans bottom lips wobbling over a dead ferret?
funny you should say ferret. Xylitol is really ****ing toxic to ferrets, kills them really quick. and being of the Northern persuasion I'm sure you've probably got a couple down your trousers. Its what you northern people do isn't it.

As for lip wobbling, I got my closure when I buried the dog last week, so stop making up excuses and pick up the phone.
 

Latest Threads