Shameless abuse of power, and self interest!

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by BiscuitsAB, Feb 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Guilty I'm afraid.

Last week our dog died from Xylitol poisoning. Xylitol is a sugar replacement that's fine for people, but as we have found out to our cost highly toxic to dogs and some other pets.

If you're on FaceFanny please can you go here and like the page and share it with as many people as you can.

and if you would like to see the Mrs first ever attempt at a website then go here Project Eddy - Home

We are trying to raise awareness of just how toxic Xylitol is to dogs and cats and then we are going to try and get manufacturers to apply appropriate labeling to their products. We're not trying to ban the stuff, only to have it labeled so people get to make an informed choice.

• Like Like x 9
  2. I didn't know about that - thank you.

Sharing via FB, and I'm sorry for your loss.
  3. Fom the Emergency page:
    Should that say "not even dogs" or should it perhaps be "even some dogs"?
  4. I didn't know that. Very interesting. Whilst I am sorry for the loss of your dog, I think i will make some catfood ball with heaps of this stuff in it and leave them in the garden so that when one or other of the 12 cats owned by people in my small cul-de-sac come to shit in my garden, they will eat these tasty morsels and hopefully die slowly and painfully whilst in their owners houses.

I owe you big time ! :)
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Duly shared on FB.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I've liked it on FB.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

compiled by the Mrs who is a speeeling and grammar Nazi, so I'm not arguing with her mate.
  8. Cheers for that.

Allegedly safe for humans anyway , why do we need shit like this ?, if fat cnuts practiced "eat less move more" it would not be manufactured .
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Is it a painfull death for them? How fast or slow and symptoms?

I ask cos my kids Moggie ate some weight loss stuff over a few weeks we recon and croaked it but not before it went incontinent. Vet said its kidneys packed up and these things happened but I wondered if it were linked to the powder she was licking.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'm not on Facebook but will do my best to pass this round. The best of luck with it.

PS I've warned my dog but I'm not to sure how seriously he takes me.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

You said it was a dog, but its a Yorkshire ferrel rat

I reckon it was suicide.
  12. Nasty man.
  13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Sounds very familiar mate. Eddy did not have and easy death. Death by Xylitol seems to go two ways for a dog. Really fast via hypoglycemic coma or quite slow via liver failure and other assorted nastys. Eddy didn't go the easy way I'm afraid.

Xlyiltol is also not always being disclosed in products sometimes it appears as sugar alcohols!
  14. Vet was saying onions are poisonous to dogs and xilitol is a naturally forming sugar isn't it?
  15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

1. who let you out.

2. wheres the spam-o-matic button

3. pick up your phone you git I called half a dozen times.
    • Like Like x 1