Shameful temporary accommodation at BZZ

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hackle, Apr 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From today's Sun: Your final vision of Britain before you fight for country

2. can you post the pics as the net nazi won't let me see the pics on the scum site, ta
  4. [​IMG]

5. Main pic is protected and I can't just copy and upload it, because they know who I am!

Caption is "Shameful ... raw sewage spills out of a pipe next to dilapidated prefab huts at Brize Norton"

Main pic shows a group of pretty nasty light blue portable buildings peeling to yellow. I can see about getting BAFF's pics of the same buildings back up on our website, if it is an issue.

There is also a slideshow of other pics. Shocking actually.
  6. How strange, That same plastic and Black tape pattern was featured on the BAFF web site a year ago, not the same picture mind you. looks like not much has changed in twelve months. :wink:
  7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Ashamed is an inadequate word.
    Disgusting is getting closer, but still not strong enough.

Who is actually responsible for the Portacabins? RAF BZZ, or the Army?

Whichever, I doubt there's any prospect of getting the [50%] responsible Secretary of State, together with a few of the even-lesser Ministers, being sent to spend a day there?
  8. blue-sophist

I see The Scum talks about "decades of decay" ... have these overflow facilities [oops] really been there for decades?

However, where's the money to address the issue? Mrs B_S was involved in "Works Services" in the past. She has had barrack blocks declared "unfit for use", and every year the LTC just moved the funds off to the right again.
  9. The RAF. They hold the purse strings. I'm sure if the MOD really wanted to investigate this they could start by reading the complaints written by soldiers who had stayed there over the last three years. The porta cabins had passed their sell by date years ago. but this was ignored. Now it has bitten them in the ARRSE
  10. My mother is retired now, but she was doing the same all through the 1990s. Blocks and facilities in a secret airbase in the Vale of Glamorgan were condemned 3 or 4 times and pressed back into use. Did they ever see any of the cash from the sale of MQs? Did they fcuk.
  11. Please read the BBC response as well - linked up the page. It is a little more balanced and less of a knee-jerk picture parade.

I'm not saying this is acceptable - just that the Stun is keeping sales high with sensationalist reporting - the same we all hate when they use the same methods to slag us.
  12. blue-sophist

@ PB and Mr C .... BBC more balanced and accurate, of course.

Still, The Scum never worried about accuracy before, so why now? ;-)
  13. Looks like the Para training accommodation at BZZ

It's been in a steadily decaying state since the early 1980's

Two schools of thought here
    Para training staff '' we don't want our boys getting comfy at BZZ, let them live in shite''

RAF admin '' Its not ours, Para Training own it , let them pay for upkeep''

Never known it used for transit though, para jump training only. But with cutbacks who knows
  14. Question = how often are said cabins used - are they purely overflow for overflow and how long do people stay there?
    Agree its a total disgrace, but we need to know if this is the exception for them to be used or the rule?