Shall i apply ?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Liams908, Jan 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all im currently 15 and in year 10 at school. i am able to apply for harrogate on the 8th of april. but i cant leave school until 2012. do you think its to early to apply in april for the intake in september 2012?

Many thanks. :pl:
  2. I don't know for sure fella, but your best bet is too take a trip down to your local army careers and have a word.

Last I heard, you can apply at 15 and 6 months, or it might be 9. As I said, pop down you local careers office and you're sorted.

They open tomorrow :)

3. Hi mate. iff i start my application in april , i wont be at harrogate for a year and 5 months, do you think thats a little early or shall i just get it done asap , then i wont be in a rush then will i ?! .
  4. Chill fella! It is best too start early, but as I said, just visit your careers officer and run it past them, they might advise you to apply now, or wait a while.
  5. Ha im just really buzzing to get into it now. and cheers for the advice.
  6. No worries.

I know exactly how you feel - hope it all goes well.
  7. Cheers mate. What reg you in ? :)
  8. There is no point starting your application until your in year 11 due to you not being able to start at AFC Harrogate or Winchester till at least September 2012. Best advice is to go and speak to the ACIO around August/September and start the BARB test End of September as things like BARBs/ Medical Forms etc expire after a year. This is plenty early enough for you to start the application.