Shale gas firm finds 'vast' gas resources in Lancashire

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Dashing_Chap, Sep 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Shale gas firm finds 'vast' gas resources in Lancashire

Shale gas firm finds 'vast' gas resources in Lancashire

Combined with oil in the Falklands perhaps things won't be too bad after all?

DC

2. The UK gov will sell it for 50p and a bottle of pepsi max....It's the style, like Broon and the gold.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's ours and we want to keep it so f**** off you nappy wearing, lager drinking southern poofs!

• Like Like x 2
  4. ...and to think, I always blamed the smell on the effects of Boddingtons on the sub-human body.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hmmm-shale drilling is argued as being extremely dangerous. Then we find shit loads of it...

6. interesting one this, i remember it on the news not long ago. i'm sure i read or seen that as the septics had to stop drilling they were looking into the fylde coast drilling.
    will be a shame to destroy such a beautiful part of the world though.
    who knows if the yanks dont get there own way we might have an invasion !!!

7. The thing with Shale gas is we are far from alone in having vast reserves, hence I don't think there is as much money in it as could otherwise be expected.

Still 200 trillion cubic feet is quite a find, and hopefully it will go some way to bringing this country a decent new income (If we choose to properly exploit it)

8. i stand by what i said-the yanks are gonna be in the back ground with a beady eye.
    how do you properly exploit it without possibly causing earth movements?
    mind you blackpool would look better levelled !!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Good news- Lots of gas.
    Bad news- The industry in the US has a really bad reputation at the moment- Lots of shoddy, cocked up wells that let methane leak up into the local water supplies-and lots of questions over exactly what chemical cocktails are being pumped into the water table to force the gas out.
    And there were a couple of 'coincidental' earthquakes near the Lancashire test site.

10. did they use the same chemicals on the fylde coast? could be a pattern

11. Who knows? the chemical mixes are all 'industrial' secret. The Yanks have been having a hell of a job gettting their oil companies to admit to what they use.
    The attached list is the stuff the American EPA have found-
    EARTHWORKS - EPA's List of Fracking Fluids
    although apparently a Halliburton suit drank some at a meeting to 'prove' it was safe...

12. That'll be Lancashire opting for independence then.

The Republic of Lancastria perhaps?...

• Like Like x 1
  13. H3

H3 LE

US & Uk ..... Worlds apart when it comes to Frac jobs ! .... The press once again seem to think it's a new technology .... Utter tosh it's been around for years and in most cases is 99% water with a man made sand called Proppant , each job has different characteristics hence the need for additives .
    I wouldn't let it bother you just get one of the jobs that'll be on offer !

14. "Combined with oil in the Falklands perhaps things won't be too bad after all?"

EE bye Gum an optimist on Arrse.

"That'll be Lancashire opting for independence then.

The Republic of Lancastria perhaps?..."

With Kate and the Sons of Kingo's to defend.

john

• Like Like x 1
  15. cheers for the info fella, thats some scary stuff. i wonder if the suit sees weird things and glows in the dark now !!!