Shaken not Stirred?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Current Affairs, really? Surely the film forum would've been a better choice, after all the choice of a new actor to play Bond is not really a Global phenomenon!

Current Affairs, really? Surely the film forum would've been a better choice, after all the choice of a new actor to play Bond is not really a Global phenomenon!
It's all over the news so definitely current. But quite happy for a MOD to relocate it to a better place..

Chef

LE
Idris Elba as any fule kno.

Close the thread.
In these woke times he's unlikely to make the cut:

Right ethnicity.

Wrong gender, wrong sexual orientation, non-disabled and no history of mental health problems. Working class roots which is good, but no real trauma.

Seems to be rather a good actor but these days what does that matter?

If it were up to the BBC then Bond would be black, female and a lesbian. There have already been calls for the next Bond to be either black or female.

We all know that the security services in real life have officers that are BAME, homosexual/lesbian, transgender etc but the Bond character is a white male and should always be a white male. There is nothing wrong if they want to to make a film or series that has a spy character that has one or more of those characteristics, and why not, (see Spooks for example), but Bond shouldn't be messed with. It would do a lot of damage to the franchise and really open it up to charges of wokeism and box ticking.

I think Craig, who is a total woker, is heavily involved now on the production side of things with Eon & Barbara Broccoli so there will be only one way things will go, and it won't be what the old school will want.

Bury the franchise and move on. Most of the fans will after this next one anyway. Everything tilts towards it being utter pump.

Tom Hardy I think
I think Craig, who is a total woker, is heavily involved now on the production side of things with Eon & Barbara Broccoli so there will be only one way things will go, and it won't be what the old school will want.

Bury the franchise and move on. Most of the fans will after this next one anyway. Everything tilts towards it being utter pump.
If not this time, then the 'Bond' after that will see them move the Franchise to "007" rather than Bond and it'll be a black, probably lesbian or trans person. By then the franchise will be well and truly dead and forgotten as society moves into it's next socially fashionable trend after Wokeism.

Right ethnicity.

Wrong gender, wrong sexual orientation, non-disabled and no history of mental health problems. Working class roots which is good, but no real trauma.

Plus he's 39 already so way past it

Right ethnicity.

I haven't got any issue with Idris Elba. The first time I saw him was in the TV serial Ultraviolet (which also starred Jack Davenport and the delectable Susannah Harker).

I wouldn't be against Elba given the role of M for instance but not Bond.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
So who is the next inline to replace Daniel Craig as 007?

Tough act to follow as I think he has been the best of the lot.

Just a reminder.

Current Affairs is primarily for the serious discussion of military-political topics and other matters which may affect us as members of the armed forces.

This belongs in the film thread, so a CA mod may be along soon old boy.

Oh it'll be a global phenomenon when they reveal the woman of colour who'll be replacing him.
It's all you'll hear about.

Just a reminder.

Current Affairs is primarily for the serious discussion of military-political topics and other matters which may affect us as members of the armed forces.

This belongs in the film thread, so a CA mod may be along soon old boy.
Good, I'm glad..

Julian Clary.

Please

345020_1.jpg

I don't think they will change him from a middle aged white male. The luvies and wokists would love to do it but as others have pointed out it would be the death of the franchise and if there is one thing about Hollywood money talks. Bond movies have all been box office hits for the last sixty years. Change Bond to be more PC and the film critics would love it, but the audiences who go to see the films, the Bond films would stay away.

Hollywood tried making a few anti Iraqi war films a few years ago in keeping with the left wing types in tinsel town. Critics in New York and LA loved them but they flopped big style at the box office loosing a lot of money.

Latest Threads