Shadow Chancellor Alan Johnson resigns for 'family and personal reasons'

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Jan 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Anyone fancy a sweepstake on the reasons?
  2. He's come to the unavoidable conclusion that his boss is a fuckwit and he's getting out well before the ship sinks.
  3. I bet it's juicy. I'll go with Cynthia paynes latest client.
  4. Red Ed claims that his resignation had nothing to do with his work (so it very likely did), but the even bigger news is that the goggle-eyed madman Balls has taken his place. This could be the best possible news for the Coalition in what will otherwise be a very tough year - with two scary weirdos fronting Labour, they can kiss goodbye to any chance of a return to No 10 (and 11) for the foreseeable future.
  5. He's not Welsh or a borderer - so sheep would be sufficiently embarrassing?
  6. Simples - he's not up to the job. He's made so many mistakes and gaffs since being handed the post (boom boom) that he has no credit left.
  7. I was going to say that I hope it was something embarrassing but as he's a politico it would be 'king impossible. So, in that case, I hope it's for health reasons, a terrible parasitic disease perhaps.

But alas, there is no God.
  8. Hmmmm...i suspect further 'dippage of wick into out of bounds wax buckets'!
  9. And UNITE are right behind Balls, be afraid.
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

If he realised he was not up for the job Ed would have moved him - I think he is too thick to realise he is too thick.
    My money is on an affair and Max Clifford is on the phone to his intern as we speak.....
  11. Whilst I would very much like to agree with this, I think there is a disconnect in the logic of the average voter.
    They have short memories and will not connect any hardship experienced now, and over the next few years, with the 13 years of nanny state loving Labour - the current incumbents will get the blame and, sadly, I think they will be turfed out again.
  12. 6/4 Rent Boy
    4/3 Prostitute
    10/1 Choirboy
    33/1 Donkey
  13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Pure speculation of course........

WikiLeaks just got hold of a pile of Swiss bank account details and his name is on there 15/1

Imminent arrest for expenses fraud 10/1

Affair 5/1

Affair with sheep 3/1 (F)
  14. I quite liked him; I'm sad to see him go. One of the few generally decent people that seemed to be in the labour party.
  15. I'll agree with that, talked far less 'politics' than most of the others.