Shades of colours

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by LordVonHarley, Feb 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Serious question, what are the correct names of the colours on the stable belt.
    Light blue
    Dark blue
    Green

I'm thinking of doing a sign and need it all to be perfect.

I'm a bloke and don't do Summer sky blue, Arabian dusky night and Swiss farmers green field :? :? :? :?

Cheers

LVH

2. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Is this for printing purposes? If so they might need a CMYK percentage breakdown. Let me google a Scaley image and open it in photoshop for yu. Wait out.

3. If you go to SOinC's website via Armynet, it is listed using correct Pantone shades and measurements. I can PM you tomorrow when i'm back in work if it helps.

4. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Using this as a sample guide

[​IMG]

I get the following readings:

Light Blue: C-39 M-10 Y-0 K-0

Dark Blue: C-87 M-79 Y-50 K-57

Green: C-82 M-44 Y-76 K-43

5. 3/7ths
    1/7th
    3/7ths

:D

6. If you're using PhotoShop you'll need the proper PANTONE colour sets. I've got them at work so i'll have a look for them tomorrow and get back to you with the correct colours. These are direct from the Corps Museums guru in Blandford.

Regards

7. Cheers all, I'll be painting the sign my hand. It's been a while since I've picked up a paint brush for anything other than decorating so finger crossed it comes out ok. :D

8. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Mate in that case, just take your stable belt down to the paint shop/B&Q/Homebase and they can colour match up a batch for you.

9. Alternatively, I would call the Corps Museum direct and ask them. You may get put through to the Corps secretary who is very helpful.

Do it right, or do it twice!! (sounds like the sort of thing an RSM would say. I am definately not an RSM!)

10. CORPS COLOURS

The Corps colours are Light Blue (top); Dark Blue (Centre); Dark Green (bottom) in the ratio of 3 light blue to one dark blue to 3 dark green. The colours are used in horizontal layers. The use of vertical colours is not permitted. The correct colours to be used are listed below:

a. Poster work and printing:

Light blue - PANTONE COATED 291

Dark blue - PANTONE COATED 281

Green - PANTONE COATED 349

N.B. The redefinition of Corps Colours using PANTONE notation was approved by the 25th Meeting of the Corps Heritage Committee in February 2004 (see archived minutes).

( Taken from HQ SOinC(A) website.)

11. I concur. You beat me to it.