** **** Sgts Mess

Percy_Pigeon

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#3
Not a happy place by all accounts.

If you listen to rumours
 
#4
Only a rumour if unconfirmed, its ironic that people will do that to get commisioned and madness that the Offrs managing them dont see through it, ultimetly when they do get it (and they will) it undermines the whole process as its not so pretigeous if a Offr licking bloke jacking nasty twat gets it.
 
#5
paragorge said:
Word on the Airborne net is that the mess at ** **** is being destroyed by the RSM chasing his commision already, recently AGAI ed his own RQMS and is the Offrs best mate to the deprment of the lads.
Whilst using AGAI 67 against the RQMS may not on the surface seem like the shrewdest move, let us consider that far from showing a lack of situational awareness it may have shown an understanding of what is required in the long term. Knowing the gentleman in question, this would seem to me to be an act of moral courage and I would say anyone prepared to do this is would be far more likely to represent the interests of “the lads;” whether these are commensurate with the interests of the “airborne net” may be an entirely different matter!

My understanding was that this gentleman was deliberately chosen because he was not para trained and this had something to do with turning the Unit into a logistic Regt as a opposed to a pool of BCRs for 5 Bde.

paragorge said:
its ironic that people will do that to get commisioned and madness that the Offrs managing them dont see through it.
I’ve seen far more shameless and far more blatent. :wink:
 
#6
Gents:

A reminder of the "no names/identities" policy. Referring to someone as X appt Y Regt and making them easily identifiable isn't acceptable. You might as well say "WO1 Bloggs" for all the difference it makes. As the individual concerned may or may not have the ability to reply to the anonymous criticisms being meted out I'd appreciate it if you would ensure the indivdual concerned cannot be identified.
 
#7
Ford_Prefect said:
Knowing the gentleman in question, this would seem to me to be an act of moral courage :
No Ford Moral courage is saying "hey RQMS you have told me that you carried out the checks required and that you couldnt sign the book as it wasnt there and Im going to back you all the way regardless of what the Adjt/RHQ think or say"

But no the powers above picked it up and he sold his deputy downstream, sorry but thats inexcusable, especially when you come from a very checked background!! Looks like divertionary tactics
 
#9
The RQMS has done nothing wrong and as a result been stiched up slightly and his own RSM doesnt support him it sends a ripple through the blokes that they cant rely on the stick man. Additionally there is a general buzz that he is out for himself & his commision and that makes the mess difficult,

The RSM should be respected by all soldiers and especially his own SNCOs and this one isnt which is wrong. AGAI a soldier does show moral courage and is necessary if warranted. I just hate to see any Regt falling foul of such problems as it breeds a bad reputation and contempt and should not be allowed to happen
 
#10
paragorge said:
The RQMS has done nothing wrong and as a result been stiched up slightly and his own RSM doesnt support him it sends a ripple through the blokes that they cant rely on the stick man. Additionally there is a general buzz that he is out for himself & his commision and that makes the mess difficult,

The RSM should be respected by all soldiers and especially his own SNCOs and this one isnt which is wrong. AGAI a soldier does show moral courage and is necessary if warranted. I just hate to see any Regt falling foul of such problems as it breeds a bad reputation and contempt and should not be allowed to happen

........its suprisingly easy for the mess to unseat an RSM, loyalty being a double-edged sword:)
 
#11
I have personally served with the said individual on more than one occassion over the last 13 yrs and I find him to be an honourable man with a strong sense of moral courage.

On almost every occassion, when he was one of my Sect Comds, he stood up for his Section and never once felt the need to stiff his boys to look good.

He is a talented bloke who has no need to do this - it would be wise to realise that there is a big difference between popularity and respect!
 
#13
Ever considered that the RSM was actually using the system to advantage.

If the RQMS has not done something he is supposed to (which we are all guilty of on occasion) and has got caught out (all of us again) by the adjt/CO etc (oh bugger) then the penalties would quite often be rather stiff.

Is it possible that the RSM has pettitioned the CO to allow him to deal with it himself, as he the RSM is in charge of discipline? Therefore AGAI the RQMS and give him one extra or to do a job he does anyway, thus preventing him from serious punishment.

The RSM may not be so daft as he is pudding looking. Dont know the man or the situation but just a suggestion
 
#15
Downes said:
Shouldn't this stay within the unit?
Someones chosen not to they have posted it on an open forum
 
#16
I have read this post with some interest and there are a few things that concern me.

1. Why hasn't this been sorted out within this mess over a few beers?

2. Why has the specific mess and RSM been mentioened?

3. This seems to be a bit of a rumour and hearsay?

Lets go back to what happens in the mess stays in the mess no matter which mes it is. The bean counters are trying to feck up the most exclusive club in the world, lets not give them the ammunition to do it with.

This may seem like an open forum where bugger all happens but they can and quite possibly will act upon it.

Innocence will be the end of us.......

I've had a few Stella's and can't be arsed to rant anymore......

Feck ya...................
 
#17
Oh forgot to mention the RLC backstabbing again....

Bring back the RAOC at least I knew who to fight on a night on the lash......

TROG feckers........ :D
 
#18
strima said:
Oh forgot to mention the RLC backstabbing again....

Bring back the RAOC at least I knew who to fight on a night on the lash......

TROG feckers........ :D
I'm ex RLC/RAOC and this type of bitching is what really naffed me off the most.
 
#19
I'm ex RAOC / RLC too..........................

I just liked to scrap with the Trogs.
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top