Sgts Mess Standards/traditions

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by bstaker9, Feb 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :pissedoff:Where do you draw the line with what happens in the mess stays in the mess
  2. Depends what it is. If it something of a personal nature ie someone sh1tting on their own doorstep so to speak tread carefully. If it is a matter of honour and reputation seek advise from a longer serving mess member (if applicable).
  3. Good question. I would suggest anything illegal. Morally reprehensible is down to the individuals conscience, but anything illegal IMHO is fair game.
  4. Depends on what you did, to whom and whether they liked it, how you were caught and if her husband minds!!
  5. A little information on the incident would of course help in order to give you an answer!
  6. Let's know the whole story.
  7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

One of 2 things has happened here:

1. Something has happened in the mess which you want made public

2. Something has happened in the mess which has gone public - and you'd rather it hadn't

As you felt the need to post the fact on the internet, it is bad manners not to elaborate further!!
  8. bstaker9, your post in its present form means nothing. The question is far too generalised to give you a precise answer. Mess rules are there for the guidence of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

If in doubt ask your mess secretary or RSM. I would say that if it involves immorality between members and/or members wives then keep your nose out of it (unless you or your spouse is involved), these things tend to sort themselves out.

If it involves dishonesty then involve the RSM (unless it is he/she that is being dishonest).

Certainly DO NOT go outside the mess as a first step. If you get no satisfaction within the mess then the Adjutant is usually the Sgts mess patron.

Without any more info this is all I can suggest.
  9. I'd stop posting if I was you.
  10. Lets guess that Bstaker has gripe because she got touched up - enjoy it!
  11. For all those who know me this post has nothing to do with me! I took my bollocks and ate them as requested, time for LJ to move on!

What goes around comes around, for those who stood by me I thankyou sincerely, for those who didn't.........see you again sometime!

12. For once I havent the foggiest idea as to whats going on here!
  13. Never mind Mutters, you can always amuse yourself for a few hours here...........MDN's pleasure trail