Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Sgt - SSgt SPS Board Results 2008

stormtrooper66

Old Salt
Congratulations to all Clerks, oooops sorry, HR Administrators who have been selected for promotion to SSgt this year.

I too am a Clerk from the 'old school' but wasn't as fortunate on my first look. Never mind perhaps next years lottery - waaaaaaaaaaaagh!!

O well gotta get shafted by something so why not this, at least the other half gets it, so still a goodly amount of dosh coming into DannyBoys house

You have to laugh

Congratulations you have been promoted to SSgt, over the next 5 years you will be approx £20,000 worse off

peteark said:
You have to laugh

Congratulations you have been promoted to SSgt, over the next 5 years you will be approx £20,000 worse off

Unlucky, as someone this happened to I don't have a huge amount of sympathy (Being promoted a couple of months before my previous rank went to Higher, but my new rank didn't). The system is flawed, get used to it. At least you have the next rank to aim for (if you have long enough left to serve) and the jump from SSgt (Lower) to WO2 (Higher) is quite nice.

whosthedaddy said:
peteark said:
You have to laugh

Unlucky, as someone this happened to I don't have a huge amount of sympathy (Being promoted a couple of months before my previous rank went to Higher, but my new rank didn't). The system is flawed, get used to it. At least you have the next rank to aim for (if you have long enough left to serve) and the jump from SSgt (Lower) to WO2 (Higher) is quite nice.

Nice to see someone has the right attitude