Sgt - SSgt board

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by furry_dude, Feb 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know when this sits? i've had a butchers on the army net, but that doesn't seem to have been updated since last year.

Not expecting to come off (i've still go a hole in my arrse), but hope spings eternal.
  2. Board sits 12th March, results out 3rd April.
  3. Why has no-one mentioned the SSgt - WO2 Board then? Is it because someone might get upset?
  4. Is Jim G....n still in the Corp? Big tall lanky chap, very dry sense of humour.
  5. Thanks Invicta
  6. I'd imagine it's cos quite a few people would get upset, especially round our gaff.
  7. There was a Ling on it wasn't there? A very small board, those gapped FAS posts in JHQ and Bulford aren't going to fill themselves you know - especially the ones in Bulford! :wink:

I would suggest there might be a reserve list out later in the year.
  8. I really don't want to cause a shit fight, I am not stirring, and I am mindful that this has probably been covered ad naseum on this forum but what is going on?

I had a quick look at the board results the other day and didn't recognise many names on the list (transferees possibly?). What really jumped out, however, was (yet again) the overwhelming bias towards the MI Bns.
  9. Hmm, I wonder if that's anything to do with the vast majority of SSgts in the Intelligence Corps being posted to 1 MI Bde? That said, those SSgts in 4 MI Bn may disagree with your point!
  10. OK, you're 100% correct. I deliberately didn't want to descend into a Lightsiders v. Darksiders post but the point I wanted to raise is that there was a lightsider bias, again.
  11. Of course there is we're all great, we run the Corps, have all the positions of power/importance and darksiders are all shit.
  12. OK, you're 100% correct! By the way, congratulations to those who were successful this year - and better luck next year to those who weren't.
  13. Apologies for high jacking the forumn but is this the same dates for all Corps/Regiments this year and is it likely to be changed like last year for release date falling over leave periods. (Im not too sure when UK and BFG leave periods are this year as not there but presume its around the same time)
  14. Yes he still is. Doing very nicely as well...
  15. Thanks mate. He must be pushing a couple of pips by now I would have thought. I worked with him at an ATR back in the early 90s; learnt a great deal from Jim as well as sharing the odd local lady!