Sgt Slingsby Seeks PR Assistant

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Sgt.Slingsby, Jan 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Sgt Slingsby Seeks Public Relations Assistant

What would we like?

Our team of fund raising and awareness improving bears has expanded to 7, and their primary function is to raise funds for Holidays4heroes and Help Them Out with a secondary role of general awareness raising.

Although all are fully booked for a while we don't want to take our foot of the gas and have ambitious plans for 2009.

Sgt Slingsby is a unique and captivating concept, but in order to enable us to keep up with the ever growing demand for holiday accomodation and quick reaction interventions we need to keep the cash pipeline flowing.

And that is your job

The Public Relations Assistant will drive forward those plans, liaising with miltary and civilian organisations to make sure the dots on the map are numerous, the photos/videos interesting and, crucially, that the cash pot keeps getting p1ssed into.

We need someone who has the energy and drive to keep pushing against apathy and indifference, a miltary background, a network of contacts and the ability to be a gobby cheeky git who isn't afraid of asking.

In short someone who laughs at authority and realises that unless you ask you don't get.

We already have a draft list of places and people and companies, so some of thinking has already been done for you.

Opportunities also exist for blagging discounted flights and other concessions from those that supply such things.

What can we offer you?

Generous salary, contributory pension, foreign travel to exotic locations, medical care, free uniform and subsidised canteen.

Only joking!

It will be a thankless task but a vital one, and you will get adulation, bragging rights and opportunity to work with the handsome individuals that comprise the Holidays4Heroes and Sgt Slingsby teams.

How can I apply?

Looking at the other members of the team you will see our standards are low and we consistently fail to live up to them. You could be The Special One!

All volunteers - throw your beret into the ring and we will be in touch.

If you're shy, you can email the Uber-Bear at
  2. Sorry, don't have the time to do it on an ongoing basis - pity, really, being six years as a regular and now 16+ years in PR - but any time you need a quick one-off moonlight... PM me if that's of any use.
  3. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Thanks SNLR - you sounded just the sort of chap.

For anyone else ...

It just needs someone out there to write a few letters, make phone calls and stuff like that.

Regrettably the Bear-Minder-General and Webmaster are now almost fully engaged, and MDN and Spanish Dave are up to their bits in this season's holidays.

Part-time employees would be considered, I'm sure! :wink:
  4. I'd be happy to give it a go. My only issue is that I don't have the contacts in industry that I had two years ago but always willing to try and get them back!!

Over to you guys. PM me for further info.

5. blue-sophist

Thanks for the flood of inputs [including PMs and emails].

Well, thanks to both of you, anyway.

Let it run for a few days ....

CVs and general chat to Bear-Minder-General at if you want a bit of privacy!
  6. blue-sophist

At this stage we seem to have 2 strong candidates on a job-share Green, one Crab both female ... huzzah 8)

Personal interviews will inevitably follow .... :lol:

Anyone else willing to chip in?
  7. Currently in BFC (with contacts) and about to move to BFG (with contacts) if I can help out let me know.

Oh, and i'm a gobby Jock so may be of use :wink:
  8. blue-sophist

I'm with the tottie at the moment ... they have the ability to talk men into doing things they don't want to do.

Like marriage :lol:

Perhaps we could have a team of naggers? The difficulty is the amount of work coordinating the Team? Letting it brew for a couple of days ...

Thanks Heid, I really appreciate the offer [and those from the Ladies].
  9. BS, i'd be delighted to have a crack at that. I've a proven background in not giving a fcuk, not taking no for an answer and making a tit of myself.
  10. blue-sophist

And yet another offer by PM ... Thanks to you all for offering.

Time to crawl into the Ops Room and start discussing the candidates, I think ... once I've done some proper work, got Sgt Braille boxed and in the post.
  11. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

With the power of electronic communications, I've been able to take part in the selection process for the PR job.

Thanks to my amazing personality, powers of persuasion and sheer bloody-mindedness, I've been able to persuade the Team to employ lots of tottie to brighten up the Ops Room. Coffee, black, no sugar please 8)

PR Team Leader & Coordinator

PR Team

(I know Monty's a bloke, but he's not completely normal so he'll fit in quite well).

I'll get the BMG to start sorting out the admin, and sending emails, and stuff, as his paws are better suited for a lot of typing.

Sent from his Blackberry
    Somewhere in deepest Surrey
  12. 8O !!!!!!!!!!!!

oh! oh! oh!!

xx :D
  13. blue-sophist

Not every day a girl gets a message from a Bear, especially one as famous as Slingers! :lol:

Congratulations on your new hobby!

More by email later today.

14. Sitting in shock here ........ but with a slightly smug little grin :D Looking forward to working with the whole team but have to admit to a soft spot for Cpl. Hotspur :oops:
  15. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Be gentle with Hotspur. I was there when he came into being, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's still a little sore!