SGT Slingsby needs you.

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Cait, Dec 3, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Most of you are aware of MDN & Aunty Stella’s on going mission to raise enough cash to ensure the surviving members of the Glider Pilot Regiment Association are able to visit and pay their respects to fallen comrades at the annual remembrance in Arnhem 2005.

Sadly the Regiment was disbanded many years ago and therefore has no “young blood” to carry on its honor and tradition… However as only we ARRSERS can, we have managed to enlist the GPRAs youngest member to help achieve that target… SGT Slingsby :D

Showing some of the esprit de corps like his fore fathers did as they fought hand to hand for the battle of Arnhem… SGT Slingsby has himself been tasked with a brave new mission…

His mission as it stands…

Aim –

To raise as much cash as possible from now until Sept 05

Objectives –

:arrow: To get photographed with as many units/regts/bns/ in as many locations/countries/tours as possible and collect donations from all.

:arrow: To get photographed with as many ARRSE members as possible, want to make a donation and adopt him for a few days?

:arrow: Bids will be taken for photos i.e. How much would you pledge to see Slingsby flying a tornado, sky diving with the Paras, strapped to the back of a Chally2 in the desert or even being snogged by General Sir Mike Jackson?

:arrow: How many miles can he clock up, want to take a bet on his final mileage as he completes his mission in Arnhem?

All of your photos will be uploaded in Sgt_Slingsby’s album in the gallery and your stories of his travels will be posted on his thread.

If you want to adopt him, take him on your travels, set him up in a photograph and ultimately raise an obscene amount of cash then drop Sgt.Slingsby a PM or email

If you need a reminder as to why this is such a worthy cause then take 5 minutes to follow the links below…. “Every man an Emperor” least we forget.

Note of Caution… Whilst Slingsby has been briefed on his mission and endeavors to remain the true professional soldier, no responsibility can be accepted for his occasional beer induced following through or bed swamping whilst in your custody… he may look like a cute cuddly bear.. but dont be fooled. :lol:
  2. Could we pay him to skiff TCH? :twisted:

On a serious point any Greenjacket mafia out there should help out as Pegasus is one of your battle honours
  3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Some random thoughts:

- This could be useful for units as a publicity item. Could someone (i.e. Forces Sweetheart) write a proper press release detailing the aims and the history of the GPR, that could be downloaded and given to UPROs etc?

- Does this need to be a registered charity, or can a regd charity hold the funds? Not that I do not trust ARRSE members, but the question may be raised by others.

- Should a Patron be considered? Can well-known people be canvassed for support (I like the idea of Slingsby being sneaked into the House under the coat of the Hon Member for Hereford...)
  4. Dear God Viro!

Never one to simplify things are you..... :D

Cait send Slingby this way,
    He has a date at ASDA then over the road to Tesco's....
    Let's get the little guys orders sorted out.

Now where to next?
    Any offers?

Beebs x

I'll PM address.....Slingby on his way!!!!!!
  5. Sgt Slingsby is stood by and awaiting instructions as to where his is to deploy first.

Due to the bear being in High demand Cpl Horsa has also been caled to the colours and is ready to do what he has to in order to raise funds.

Each bear will deploy to a location specified by you in order to raise as much money as possible for the GPR... In the first two days of the campaign we have had ARRSERS volunteering to take him to visit the Space Shuttle, Disney land, up in an Apache, A jump with the red devils etc etc..

Someone even volunteered to take him to see the ladies of the night in Amsterdam :D :D

Watch this space for sitreps and piccies...

Either PM Cait, Sgt Slingsby or myself with any ideas or suggestions of where to send him, in order that hard cash can be extracted for this cause.
  6. Post a pic of the Sgt and Cpl, when you can. I need to see what I'm smuggling around Central Florida. :D
  7. Pictures will follow asap... Denison smocks, berets and wings currently being fitted, blagged and robbed :D
  8. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

There are two of us almost ready to deploy...

Cpl Horsa is of the the States for a week to show a bit of panache and style to the septics, they have decided to be involved from the 'off ' on this one as opposed to waiting three years :D

This week I am off to stay with Bad Co, he says he's got plenty of cash and is dying to donate.. then I'm off to see BBC for a trip around London.

We are going to have a system in place whereby a set of prizes can be won should anyone be able to gues the final mileage clocked up by us both in the coming six months or so. Standby for news on that.

Ladies and Gents... its imperative for the smooth running and ultimate success of this that I'am handed over swiftly and efficiently between venues, MDN will cover any cost involved in posage and movement etc. (trips to the Maldives not included)

In return for that I will behave, not drink when a guest of yours and do my best not to try and pull / skiff / steal / any of your mothers / girlfriends / belongings :D
  9. Sgt.Slingsby

Deployment to BCO 08/12/04 @ 0900 hrs...

Sgt Slingsby reporting for inspection Sir!
  10. It last a real RHM on ARRSE.

You Sgt, are class!

Anyone like to sponsor Slingsby in London?
    Give GPR funds and i'll take pics of him anywhere i'm not going to get arrested.........

Beebs (in London, waiting arrival)
  11. Sgt.Slingsby

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Tell me I'm not handsome

Now cough up and take me to work with you :D
  12. Sgt.Slingsby

You will have to pay.

War hero, singer of songs and Ballads, all round smootie and feindish good looks.... how much you got?
  13. Sgt.Slingsby

Awesome.... Thankyou... details in other thread :D
  14. As you quite rightly pointed out this is something us black mafia(RGJ) should be working towards will see what we can do however may i also suggest a call upon the staffords they wear the glider badge still.
  15. Sgt.Slingsby

Fear not I only live up the road from Weeton and will be calling there next week with my begging bowl :wink: