Sgt Mess bills how many

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Cardinal, Nov 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How many mess bills are we required to pay? Both the Regt and Grantham are sending out bill's now.

I thought seniors belonged to just one mess and paid just one set of bills.

2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

The old rules were that you only paid subs to the one mess. Of course, if you're spending time in 2 messes you will be billed all other appropriate charges.

Don't know if that's still the case.
  3. As the Lad said: You are obliged (Queen's Regs) to be a member of a Mess and therefore to pay Mess Subs to 'your' Mess. If you occur charges at any other Mess you must also pay for them.
  4. One is your mess bill to Grantham and one is , I think you know really don't you? How many times will you shimf about going to mess dinners?
  5. Not entirely true young man.

If you are paying a Mess Bill at your unit, and you incur another Mess Bill at a different unit (because you've been on a course there, for instance) you are entitled to a rebate of certain items on your parent unit's Mess Bill. Go and speak to your Regimental Accountant if you require further info.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. No charges incurred at the second mess.

7. When this happened to me, just produced reciept from the mess I was on a course at to my own Unit, they then subtracted of my next mess bill.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Back in the early 90's, I was stiffed along with other PSI's and TA Snco's to instruct on Ex Fast Track - a TA pre commissioning course at Grantham.

Was there appx 4 weeks. Never lived in the Mess - don't think the live in members liked us much as the miserable b*stards tended to be completely overwhelmed by our keeness and smiling energy, we were lucky to get a grunt of acknowledgement out of the old dinosaurs - so we each had a room in the blocks near the lecture halls, but we ate all meals, had the tea and toast, papers, etc, in the Mess.

Was presented with the bill and paid up on the day we left as per usual, and presented receipt to RSM on return to Unit who deducted the same amount from our own units Mess bills. No dramas.

The same thing has happened after every other course that I have been on.