Sgt John Burke

Discussion in 'REME' started by nurdleking, Mar 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is with great sadness that we have to say goodbye to another fine toolbox warrior and ARRSEr. Sgt John Burke passed away this week and I for one, will miss him terribly - he was a man of humour and professionalism coupled with a love for his family which was humbling.
    He stood by me in fights, laughed when I was in the shit but he always had time for a pint - Smile in heaven mate, RIP.

2. RIP fellow ARRSEr

3. Slangevar soldier.

4. I knew John at 2Bn when he was in Forward A pltn 2002-2005 and I did a few IST's for him in Celle when he was with 1 RRF. He was the most friendly jock bloke I ever knew, with his bald head and cheeky grin. I can still picture him collecting for charity at Fally NAAFI or when I accidently interupted him on a shovel recce while I was stagging-on in Shaibah Op Telic 1. Good happy memories of a good typical crusty Artisan.

All the best John, you may be gone, but you are not forgotten!

RIP.

5. RIP.

Thoughts with family and friends.

6. Nice bloke, one of life's gentlemen, rare these days and what a shock! You talk to a guy three times in one week over work, niff naff and trivia and the next week he's gone.

My condolences and best wishes to his family!

7. RIP thing, gone but not forgotten

8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Was this the same John who was at 4 RTR LAD?

9. RIP John, served with him at Hohne.

Fondest recent memory is of seeing him looking resplendent in Dundee Utd top in the Forces part of SoccerAM. He shouted it from the Facebook rooftop in case we had missed it :)

A top bloke.

10. Yes then QRL

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Shit, a damm shame. A thoroughly decent bloke.

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

What the hell are you on about?

13. We're getting spammed to bits this morning. Two above you already reported.

14. I was at 4RTR and the Lancers with JB. Great guy, typical Crafty let loose in the traz on his first posting - worked hard played hard! A good VM too. RIP John.

15. Sorry to hear about JB, served with him in the traz 4rtr and qrl.