Sgt FofS

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by NAAFIpiethrower, Jun 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just heard, from a friend of a friend that there is a Foreman of Signals with the rank of Sgt!! Is this true or just a scurrilous rumour to further denegrate the role these fine members of the Corps play.
  2. That must be impossible. As any fule know, you must be promoted in the Sigs to a rank that is way above your capability because of your technical qualification. Allegedly.
  3. I had the misfortune to meet a particularly ugly woman a few years ago in Iraq who was a Sgt FofS.

She was TA and utterly shite at her job.
  4. The story I'm getting, in dribs and drabs, is that the unfortunate soul was a Warrant Officer who fecked up some how, details still not clear, and got reduced to the rank of Sgt.

Does this mean they are now a Sgt or does it mean they are a Sgt (FofS). Not sure what type of fofS I'm referring to, but to be honest it doesn't really matter. What's next, a SSgt RSM?
  5. As per SOinC PDs you have to hold the minimum rank of SSgt to be entitled to the appointment of FofS

Munch Me
  6. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

I have heard of a recent EW type who was a WO2 and did something naughty with a classified laptop/the internet and sexy ladies and was caught. Reduced in rank to Sgt! could this be the same. The policy quite clearly states that reduction in rank below SSgt will remove you from the Roster.
  7. Thank you for that concurrence and the bit of dirt! There is an officer who did the same as well!!

Munch Me
  8. All Foreman achieve the rank of Sgt FofS prior to being promoted to SSgt to avoid the Corps paying the majority low to high payband jump.
  9. That is for one day only though!

Munch Me
  10. No they don't. There is a sub SSgt on the course at the mo. Not the first, probably not hte last... maybe.
  11. I think what he is trying to say is that if you are a Sgt on the cse they give you the appt on completion then promote you the day after to alleviate a big pay jump.

Munch Me
  12. Not hte appointment, the qual.

'Order of March' qual, then rank. Otherwise it is carnage.
  13. Wrong, hence the shite pay rise. Numerous posts on this board about it.
  14. Well I was a SSgt on my course and went from lower band level 7 to higher band level 7. All the Sgts were given a 2% pay increase and mapped across to higher level 2/3 as they were given the appt of YofS on completion of the course and their sub SSgt a day or so later to cut out the big pay rise and that is still the case now!

Munch Me
  15. She probably was in the slot and not holding the title. I probably did similar but I never said I was a supervisor as Sgt