Sgt Danny Nightingale, betrayed and banged up

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Robbo_72, Nov 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Coercing a guilty plea in such a manner seems a little off. He must have had some shit representation.

2. Speaking from afar (read that as outa my arrse), what happened to Mitigating Circumstances? And, I'm with you PF - shit representation.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Looks like a point is being made. Not for the first time either.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Does sound as though the court was seeking to make an example

5. Aaaah, the ol' 'Precedent' being set.

6. Tell you what though, those criminal gangs are really going to think twice about owning guns now.

• Like Like x 19
  7. Money on that he will be out in less that 4 weeks. If you believe everything in the article, he should never have been charged, and he certainly should never have been imprisoned. Hopefully a decent outcome will come through for the bloke.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Doesnt clarify if he had ammunition for it as well, which could have made a difference to the outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Why? Have we started Court Martialing gangs now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maybe the aim was to make an example of those bringing 'Trophies' home from tours etc

• Like Like x 2
  11. Maybe you are right.

12. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

The judge advocate is a ****, and should of listened to the prof about the memory loss, given him a rap on his knuckles and sent him on his way, or at the most suspended the sentence.
    Someone somewhere wanted this result or did the judge just want to flex his muscles?

• Like Like x 2
  13. No, it was my sarcastic way of pointing out it is a bullshit outcome that serves no purpose.

• Like Like x 3
  14. True. Even if it is a crime, technically, there is really no victim, and handing down a sentence like that does more harm than good. Sounds like the guy was hung out to dry when he deserved the benefit of the doubt. What a shit hole this country this is turning out to be.

• Like Like x 4