Sgt Akbar Escape Attempt

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Mar 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-754008.php

Today Akbar attempted to escape from custody. He was in a holding room
    which evidently had not been searched for potential weapons because Akbar found some scissors. He hid them on his person. He asked to go to the bathroom. One MP went in with him and a second stood outside the door. Akbar then attacked the MP stabbing him in the neck and attempted to obtain the MP's sidearm. The second MP came to assist followed by additional MP's. Akbar was pepper sprayed and subdued.

2. Doesn't sound like the MP who got stabbed died, which is fortunate. As for the Sergeant, well...his goose seems to be well and truly cooked (even if it wasn't before).

3. Trust he gets a fair trail before they hang, fry, gas, shoot him.
    john

4. According to some who post here.....we had better gas him or hang him because we might miss if we try to shoot him! :lol:

5. Damn, I keep confusing this guy with Admiral Ackbar from the Return of the Jedi....anyway....

Have they found any evidence for his faith as the basis of the attack?

6. Screw the fair trial...Kill him now. Why waste the time and money?

7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Naw, jist get that Kentucky gal on the job - assumin' she ain't outta ammo ! 8)

You know what's going to cause the most Angst ? The fact the guy is African-American......it'll be OJ Simpson all over again and I predict that mister Akbar will be still having conferences with his lawyers in 2010...unlike the two soldiers he fragged......

Le Chevre

8. LT_Southpaw

No problemo, we Brits like having a little fun with our former colonials.
    john
    PS If ya did shoot him well he be in allied uniform so just another Blue on Blue

9. John Willy;
    Fair point, but for this to really work he would have to be in a white fleet vehicle with a big union jack in the windscreen...

10. Doesn't bother me at all....hence the :lol:

Damn the day we can't poke fun of each other or ourselves a bit....

11. Stick him in a brit uniform, they won't miss then :wink:

12. BK!

BK! Old-Salt

Send him a wedding invite

13. reminds me of the paras rules of engagement - section...three hundred metres...wedding party getting out of car...rapid fire

by the way - has anyone got that spoof Para Regt white card that was floating about - it was an Adobe PDF file.

14. We could dress him up like an Italian commie reporter and just give him a wounding! :)

15. [​IMG]

Oh, wait - wrong Akbar..... :D