SFSG

#1
How long does one serve in 1 Para before they have to go back to their original unit?
The US Army Rangers it's a two year enlistment and in Canada's CSOR it's three years.
 
#2
No ones answering as its a state secret punishible by being hung drawn and quartered and dragged through the streets of London (we like our tradition here)........however Werewolf will PM you an answer.
 
#3
That or the fact that 1 Para is their parent battalion.
 
#8
KyleH said:
How long does one serve in 1 Para before they have to go back to their original unit?
The US Army Rangers it's a two year enlistment and in Canada's CSOR it's three years.
Not for everyone, I know a guy who passed through Ranger training (RIP back then) soon after joining the army and he is still there 6+ years later.
 
#9
petergriffen said:
KyleH said:
How long does one serve in 1 Para before they have to go back to their original unit?
The US Army Rangers it's a two year enlistment and in Canada's CSOR it's three years.
Not for everyone, I know a guy who passed through Ranger training (RIP back then) soon after joining the army and he is still there 6+ years later.
Has he been promoted past E-4 yet?Because from what I've heard you can't stay in the Rangers as well as CSOR here in Canada and get promoted unless you return to your parent unit and serve a few years back with them.
 
#10
KyleH said:
petergriffen said:
KyleH said:
How long does one serve in 1 Para before they have to go back to their original unit?
The US Army Rangers it's a two year enlistment and in Canada's CSOR it's three years.
Not for everyone, I know a guy who passed through Ranger training (RIP back then) soon after joining the army and he is still there 6+ years later.
Has he been promoted past E-4 yet?Because from what I've heard you can't stay in the Rangers as well as CSOR here in Canada and get promoted unless you return to your parent unit and serve a few years back with them.
I've fired off an email to him to check.
But as far as I remember he signed up to the army with a ranger contract, he did basic, airborne school then went on to the regiment....I don't think he had a parent unit to go to.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
helmdd Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 1
PCLG Gunners 1
Oakley Royal Signals 2

Similar threads

Latest Threads