SFSG UNIT TO SFSG REGIMENT?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Airborne_Jack, Feb 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those who arnte fammiliar.

http://www.eliteukforces.info/sfsg/

Here is one for you?

Does anyone think this unit, mixed and matched with loads of different regiments and corps, is going to amalgamate into one support regiment.

Supporting UK SF in there role overseas? I understand that each unit in there (ESPECIALY 1 PARA) are starting to loose their identities, with para reg cap badges being brought down left right and centre, and replaced with the dagger and lightning bolt. They have SF units moving down to their base in wales. Maybe they will run a selection? Bring in half special forces pay? and eventualy change it to a single regiment sporting a new beret? what do you think? I know alot of the paras involved in the unit would want to move to 2 or 3 Para, but some enjoy and favour the role.

This unit is to the UK SF what American Rangers are to Delta. Maybe sfsg is currently trying to build there strength in members, before a selection can take place. Im not sure they even have anything in mind.

2. Stand by 8O

3. Mate I wont go down the OPSEC OPSEC!!!!! route of things as I hate that but there really is very little you can discuss about your subject even if you are genuinely interested not just fishing for a story either way your probably flogging a dead horse.

4. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

nice one journo...

5. roger.out.

6. I heard the Para's were so miffed at losing another table tennis tournament that they were on about jacking.

The powers that be are preparing to bring another Platoon from RAF Reg't in to replace them....

And you can quote me on that.

Should I look for it in the Soaraway Shyte or the Daily Fail?

7. He could be out,haven't seen roger in ages

8. Is it just me, or are the journo's getting lazier and more desperate? :roll:

9. W A H ?

10. Fvck me, either you're the same feller with multiple-sign-in syndrome trying to pull an elaborate counter-bluff or as thick as mince.

I need a drink.

11. No, I'm not Airborne_Journo. That only gives me one option left - I'm not thick... Counter-bluff? Is that a fit tart at the tills at the Pound Shop?

12. God no. Make it stop!!!!!

13. You've just sent my glass eye to sleep :cry:

14. Agree'd Wolf: Anything for an "exclusive" story I guess, especially as the Armed Forces are in the media nearly 247.

15. There does seem to be more and more of them around these days. New members who's first or second post is usually a bone question or a statement designed to try and cause Outrage...