SFA 'Up-and-over' garage doors

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Boogieman, Mar 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having recently had my KTM nicked out of the SFA garage by some pos whilst I was asleep, I'd like to warn people of how utterly **** those garage doors are. After the event, I had a go at the door with a screwdriver and I got in quicker and easier than I would with a key. They are shockingly easy to get in to. Coupled with the fact that the morons who installed the door appeared to be on some sort of thrift exercise in saving screws resulting in there being absolutely no fixings whatsover to stop the garage door frame crossmember being lifted and 'un-popped' over the vertical 'locking' catches.
  2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Wait till one falls out of the runners and lands on your car roof. That really makes your day.
  3. You know what is needed to fix it, yes? Then do it and dont bother telling them. Getting them to do it will take forever.

If it is any consolation, most civvy garages are not much better. My bike is always double alarmed and locked even when (in fact even more so when) in the garage.

I also highly recommend a ground anchor/wall anchor.
  4. Oh it's been done. A Columbian drug baron would be quite happy doing business in it with it the way it is now. Short of ramming it until the frame gave in, theres no way someone will get in