SFA - Single serving parent, Eligible but not entitled?

Hello all

I’m a single parent serving full time, I have hired a live in nanny as I don’t want to be the “single parent” that has to say no when the singlies don’t have that liberty.
I go on a 9 month deployment soon too so that reinforces the need for a f/t nanny.

I live in SFA and have a 3rd bedroom for the nanny to live in also, I know a couple of people in this situation, one in the same street but Amey are telling me although I am eligible to the nanny’s bedroom I am not entitled so have to pay higher rent fees etc, I was happy to accept this but it has come to light having chatted with the others in the same boat that I am the only one that is being told I’m not entitled and paying more.

I have read JSP 464 and under the entitlement part it says that single parents with a nanny should be allocated housing with enough bedrooms to accommodate the nanny. Doesn’t say it’s eligibility or entitlement but does come under the “entitlement” section.
I decided to question this with Amey and they have responded saying I am wrong and actually they may up my rent as I should pay even more for over entitlement, even though I’m paying more than double than my neighbors already.
Can anyone shed any light please....?
Thanks

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Get your unit welfare Officer engaged asap.