SF Selection

does anyone know if selection is still going to be held in wales or if it moving to scotland? also if anyone has any routes etc that they could send me would be a great help, pm me if needed

Thanks

Wales via M4, Scotland via M6.
Hope this helps.

Oh well, back to staring at goats for me then.

well if your at the stage of about taking your selection why the hell dont u know where its going to be held......think you need to start listening to you local afco because everyone know's you get told where its going to be held thats if your near to your selection stage

killergibbo said:
well if your at the stage of about taking your selection why the hell dont u know where its going to be held......think you need to start listening to you local afco because everyone know's you get told where its going to be held thats if your near to your selection stage
Somehow I dont think that the local AFCO is going to be allocating slots on SF selection! RTFQ!

LARD

War Hero
I though he wanted to join the Machine Gun Club and fire SF. Silly me.

marcmvv45 said:
does anyone know if selection is still going to be held in wales or if it moving to scotland? also if anyone has any routes etc that they could send me would be a great help, pm me if needed

Thanks
Genuine non-snide comment, but given:

THE SAS has been forced to move its gruelling selection course for new recruits from the Brecon Beacons in south Wales to Scotland because hikers and tourists are watching the soldiers and taking photographs of them.

Its switch after 50 years has been triggered by fears that serving instructors could be put at risk by inquisitive members of the public.

One former instructor said: “The threat of attack, of serving instructors being compromised by someone taking pictures and even the public just waiting to watch the course, has forced a rethink.”

Although much of the selection process takes place in the Sennybridge military training area, where access is restricted, a significant amount occurs in the national park, which is open to the public.

The source said: “If you are walking along one of these routes and suddenly see a bloke running towards you with a rifle across his arms and a Bergen the size of a fridge on his back you are bound to ask questions.

“I can remember taking blokes across one route and past a bench where three out-of-breath old ladies sat enjoying their lunch. As we stormed past I heard one of them say, ‘They’re from a special place.’ If they could suss us out, anyone can.”
Source

... surely it's a case of if you need to know you can find out from official channels?