Sexual predators in Parliament?

Discussion in 'House of Commons' started by Themanwho, Oct 30, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Caveat: I’ve done a search and can’t find anything about this in the relevant areas. I now await mockery / internet scolding for IT biffery.

Tory Aides' Spreadsheet Names 36 Sex Pest MPs - Guido Fawkes
    Thanks to Guido there’s now a redacted list of 36 Tory MPs who’ve been witnessed (or have a reputation for) pestering ladies / gentlemen / dachshunds (link above). We’ve also had the protracted exposés of Labour MP Jared O’Mara’s internet postings, and LibDem Lord Rennard’s goings on. Whilst this is not exactly a new phenomenon, it does appear that there are a sizeable number of the House of Commons membership who would procreate with a snake if they could hold it straight; I remember reading Matthew Parris’ autobiography where he suggested that being a risk taker was part of the psychological make-up of many politicians, and this was often reflected in their sexual proclivities.

It’s interesting to watch the press narrative which has resulted in this. Taking pace from the Weinstein circus, the Ginger Labour MP’s embarrassment has turned into what looks like a potential career ending witch-hunt, whilst the Tory "foot/shotgun interface" list of pervs seems to have been picked up and run with by everyone, (presumably resulting in large sighs of relief from Labour) Whatever next? Which MP wants to insert what, where, and into whom? It’s unlikely that this will die a death short of Trump nuking Korea or Mexico, so I predict a long spate of sexual parliamentaryt peccadillos being splashed across the front of not just the redtops, but all media.

Such fun...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I think the game is that the Tory list has been released, hopefully Corbyn will fall into the trap of demanding action against the MPs in question

Then presumably a list of Labour and Liberal MPs comes next, after the outrage bus has already been signed out and they realise they've just shot themselves in the foot as well

It will be fun to see the swamp at least partially drained

• Like Like x 12
  3. One of the great problems of British (and Scottish and Welsh) - (other minority groups may be available) politics is that instead of doing what they are employed to do, the respective politicians are all either feathering their nests, trying to stuff the democratic process in favour of their own inclinations, shagging hookers (or rent boys, little boys, cats dogs and arrse moderators) (I never said that, the devil made me do it). Etc.

Or all of the foregoing.

Might as well join the EU.

• Funny Funny x 11
  4. In my opinion, it's not that they're doing all the naughty stuff you listed instead of what they should be doing, it's more that they're doing all of it concurrently.

Also, very few UK politicians are as venal and corrupt as we on ARRSE sometimes make out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  5. Sez you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

The catch is that the Whips know/knew all about this all along (it's their job, it's their pretty way of keeping people on side/in line) and the PM was allegedly kept informed. This puts a female PM in the unenviable position of having condoned bad things happening to her female juniors and/or MP's aides, staff etc. There may be a regret at not sacking minsters one at a time and braving their becoming political turncoats in revenge, instead of having the Cabinet card-castle collapse completely. Roll on the names, but NOT the consequences. Unless an even greater number of Labs are found to have molested females, and Liberals males.

In a general way, nobody with any brain would trust an MP further than they could throw them. Cor Blimey, even Major was at it.

Perhaps some conveniently lodged ARRSEr could take a black cab and ask the driver, he'll know.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

And does sending your PA to buy sex toys actually count as harassment? Inappropriate and definitely stupid but is it harassment?
    Is it any different from the stereotypical getting them to buy chocolates, flowers or a similar present for a spouse.

• Like Like x 7
  8. General Election soon then

Archie

9. It beats doing proper work. Parliament devoting Parliamentary time to fixing, er, Parliament.

Another vogue pursuit based on a mixture of truth and rumour that has to be unravelled, and once done, tiresome, expensive and utterly diversional virtue-signalling.

Meanwhile, Rome burns.

Useless bloody peasants. I think there are at least 650 lampposts on the Strand. String them up and start over.

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Come on, that bunch of social misfits and freaks look like they've only got two fucks in them, and in most cases one of those is what's holding them up........fiddling expenses, yes, but not with each other

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. @Archibald,
    Shut it you! Don't be giving them any ideas.:mad::p

12. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Mind you a convenient sex scandal does detract from the negative Brexit and leadership infighting headlines.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I actually find venal and corrupt quite entertaining and also self limiting. Bye bye Vaz.

Incompetent, solipsistic and uninspiring politicians sadly seem to have no shelf life and also seem to breed like rabbits. I’ve never met any MP who I wasn’t treating with sneering disdain within 30 minutes of acquaintance.

• Like Like x 8
  14. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Back on thread, Diane must be sore as hell at being left out of this harassment thing (and wondering why).

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I couldn’t possibly comment.

• Funny Funny x 2