Sexual Orientation - JPA

jpa.jpg

Seriously - just spotted this on JPA, bottom of the 'Extra Information types' also is the option to say where you are open with collegues and the chain of command.

How soon until the Facebook 47 type of LBGT are on it too, and I would like the option of 'None of your business'

I never answer such questions ... ethnicity and religion are my bugbears.

Because if you are completely non discriminatory, then it doesn't fcuking matter.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I never answer such questions ... ethnicity and religion are my bugbears.

Because if you are completely non discriminatory, then it doesn't fcuking matter.
But they all want statistics. I decided recently on a job application I was disabled but I still didn't get the job. I'm going to be a minority ethnic next time or a smash man

But they all want statistics. I decided recently on a job application I was disabled but I still didn't get the job. I'm going to be a minority ethnic next time or a smash man

And then with statistics, we get shite like targeted recruiting.

kimmi851

War Hero
Sorry to interrupt a rant but i can see a purpose to this.

The problem is the military provide over night accommodation to staff and therefore have a duty of care. this was always one of the things that was needed for rooming allocations once admitting to bring anything but straight was permitted in the military. Once you are in single accommodation I definitely agree no ones business. But in shared accommodation there is a responsibility to ensure no unwanted sexual advances in your own bed space especially when you are talking about under 18s.

In my day... There were flaws but when my room mate came out, discretely, after about 3 months of sharing a room it was as friends, and after the other 3 of us did the worst acted looks of surprise ever (kd lang on constant replay... The pronoun game when referring to her partner etc had meant we had guessed months before) we had a party to celebrate without telling anyone what we were celebrating and it was all fine. It worked and because she was as unattracted to us as vice versa it was simple and was no change to how we interacted.

The problem comes if you get someone who is attracted to someone in their room who subsequently puts pressure on... There is no longer the protection of "I could report you"... You just get to be scared and potentially forced into situations you did not agree to (I know of at least one lad who woke up with another lad in his bed without his permission). So this is in a way a method of working on the " no lads in under 18 girls blocks " rules for the new system. It's not sophisticated... Or even practical... But it's the best way they can currently see to watch over over sexed idiots when nominally people are under their protection.

Doesnt work in abulations thou does it, or there will either be separate shower facilities built or timings around sexuality.

Sorry to interrupt a rant but i can see a purpose to this.

The problem is the military provide over night accommodation to staff and therefore have a duty of care. this was always one of the things that was needed for rooming allocations once admitting to bring anything but straight was permitted in the military. Once you are in single accommodation I definitely agree no ones business. But in shared accommodation there is a responsibility to ensure no unwanted sexual advances in your own bed space especially when you are talking about under 18s.

In my day... There were flaws but when my room mate came out, discretely, after about 3 months of sharing a room it was as friends, and after the other 3 of us did the worst acted looks of surprise ever (kd lang on constant replay... The pronoun game when referring to her partner etc had meant we had guessed months before) we had a party to celebrate without telling anyone what we were celebrating and it was all fine. It worked and because she was as unattracted to us as vice versa it was simple and was no change to how we interacted.

The problem comes if you get someone who is attracted to someone in their room who subsequently puts pressure on... There is no longer the protection of "I could report you"... You just get to be scared and potentially forced into situations you did not agree to (I know of at least one lad who woke up with another lad in his bed without his permission). So this is in a way a method of working on the " no lads in under 18 girls blocks " rules for the new system. It's not sophisticated... Or even practical... But it's the best way they can currently see to watch over over sexed idiots when nominally people are under their protection.

Um... bollocks.

This is covered by the service test. You can't put someone in a billet on his own because he's a bender and might not behave himself. Are you menkul?

Doesnt work in abulations thou does it, or there will either be separate shower facilities built or timings around sexuality.

On the subject of showers...

Is this what modern singlie accn looks like, or just some BS from the waffle factory?

seniorGalleryE.jpg

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
looks like the type of accom at Abingdon, not the Z-type 3 spike looking building, these are portacabin type blocks, much cheaper and smaller too.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
If I was a para, marine or a rugby player, I'd be whacking a claim right now. The 'straight until I've had a couple of beers, I'm on tour or on a coach' community have been deliberately excluded. It's the worst form of discrimination that I've ever encountered this morning!

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
shouldn't there be box to tick that says 'and I'd like to ******* shout about it at every opportunity despite it having nothing to do with daily work'?

Click "Other" and put "Marmoset" in the description.
I think "Orangutan" would be more apposite.
The orangutans (also spelt orang-utan, orangutang, or orang-utang) are the two exclusively Asian species of extant great apes. Native to Indonesia and Malaysia, orangutans are currently found in only the rainforests of Borneo and Sumatra. Classified in the genus Pongo, orangutans were considered to be one species. However, since 1996, they have been divided into two species: the Bornean orangutan (P. pygmaeus) and the Sumatran orangutan (P. abelii).

(Wiki)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
My God hasn't life got complicated these past few years!

Latest Threads