Sexual Assaults/ Assault - 16 Signal Regiment 86 - 88

Anyone else who served at 16 between those years had a letter from the SIB asking them to get in touch?
No but i have just had an e mail from HMRC telling me i am due a rebate BUT ONLY if i download their Form and give them my bank details. Did the SIB ask you for a donation or also tell you that you had inherited Billions of Wonga from an uncle you didn’t know you had. I would just bin it mate they might start to accuse you of something or other - Admit to nuffin awright.

No but i have just had an e mail from HMRC telling me i am due a rebate BUT ONLY if i download their Form and give them my bank details. Did the SIB ask you for a donation or also tell you that you had inherited Billions of Wonga from an uncle you didn’t know you had. I would just bin it mate they might start to accuse you of something or other - Admit to nuffin awright.
Funnily enough I doubt anyone Ghana or Nigeria has heard of either 16 Sigs or the SIB.

Is that it ? - no more dirt - no more facts; what sort of letter was it phishing ?

Is that it ? - no more dirt - no more facts; what sort of letter was it phishing ?
It was a letter from the SIB at Aldershot asking anyone who served at Bradbury Barracks between 86 -88 to get in touch regarding a couple of incidents. On phoning out of sheer nosiness and speaking to a female SIB Sgt, it transpires that the incidents in question (of which I had no knowledge) are:

Someone getting zip tied to a fence out the back of the line bay (didn't say which Sqn), lightweights and undercrackers lowered, a Tele J connected to the old scrotum with croc clips and a bit of cranking going on. I have to say that at this stage I laughed out loud.

The other incident involved someone taking a (possibly involuntary) short-cut out of a first floor singlies flat window during a block piss up.

So I'm guessing that nearly a quarter of a century later someone has seen an ambulancechasinglawyertossers.co.uk advert on daytime TV and fancies a bit of compo.

It was a letter from the SIB at Aldershot asking anyone who served at Bradbury Barracks between 86 -88 to get in touch regarding a couple of incidents. On phoning out of sheer nosiness and speaking to a female SIB Sgt, it transpires that the incidents in question (of which I had no knowledge) are:

Someone getting zip tied to a fence out the back of the line bay (didn't say which Sqn), lightweights and undercrackers lowered, a Tele J connected to the old scrotum with croc clips and a bit of cranking going on. I have to say that at this stage I laughed out loud.

The other incident involved someone taking a (possibly involuntary) short-cut out of a first floor singlies flat window during a block piss up.

So I'm guessing that nearly a quarter of a century later someone has seen an ambulancechasinglawyertossers.co.uk advert on daytime TV and fancies a bit of compo.
My favourite bit of compo was the tins of oatmeal blocks in the 10 man packs.

Only up until 88? The nineties was full of stories. The CO being a bad boy (true). The NOTW drugs thing, with most of the guard smashed (bullshit). Orderly Officer shooting out the doors in RHQ (true). 16 had it's fair share of delinquents, largely officers in hindsight.

Stevie. Do not turn up for the "chat" they will offer you. You will be arrested.

Only up until 88? The nineties was full of stories. The CO being a bad boy (true). The NOTW drugs thing, with most of the guard smashed (bullshit). Orderly Officer shooting out the doors in RHQ (true). 16 had it's fair share of delinquents, largely officers in hindsight.

I was a Liney in 3 Sqn from 85-88 - I don't recall the zip-tie/Tele J incident or the gravity-assisted exit from a barrack block.

I was also there with 7 Sigs for the NOTW/Drugs garbage - I was ROS that day* and it all turned out to be total bollox.

That was about 95-95.

* And the night a visiting Yank got assaulted. Why me?

I was A Tp 84 - 87.

TBH, given the era we are talking about, it's not as if it is the most preposterous of suggestions; it's probably that someone is now getting sleepless nights about it.

Anyway, all the 3 Sqn guys can just claim it was probably Kilo Tps lineys that did it.

The real crime of the era should be addressed, namely why we as a Troop were forced to despatch our Tp pig (yes a real pig, no WRACs in A Tp) in particularly horrible fashion!

I was A Tp 84 - 87.

TBH, given the era we are talking about, it's not as if it is the most preposterous of suggestions; it's probably that someone is now getting sleepless nights about it.

Anyway, all the 3 Sqn guys can just claim it was probably Kilo Tps lineys that did it.

The real crime of the era should be addressed, namely why we as a Troop were forced to despatch our Tp pig (yes a real pig, no WRACs in A Tp) in particularly horrible fashion!

Feck me! I was ROS that day too! I was doing my rounds of the whole camp when I got to the rear of A Tp garages - the pig (called Pte Honorious - how drole) had just been throttled to death by someone of the airborne persuasion.

They dug a pit and were trying to incinerate the body by piling burning wood on it.

In latter years when I was there with 7 Sigs, one of the MGS guards was telling me that the guard dogs used to go loopy when they were around that part of the camp and start trying to dig something up.

I don't think he believed the tale I told him about the pig.

I can assure you that you weren't the only one who was a bit unhappy with the whole affair, not least the was it was neglected before its dispatch.

I resent and refute totally the 'neglected before its dispatch' comment, but anyway, I'll give you the full story of how the JRs of A Tp ended up in the position in the first place; then you can decide where to apportion blame.

The Offrs Mess were to have a Mess Dinner with a Snr R Signals Offr present. They thought it would be a jolly wheeze to present him a pig and to have it running around the mess. Our Tp Comd was given the project, a pig obtained and then obviously it became our job to tend it.

After the dinner obviously and sadly inevitably the Offrs of the Regt had no further interest in the pig. We carried on looking after it. It had shelter, food, water and plenty of human contact - the Tp wives obviously took to it enormously. During an inspection one day the question of ownership was raised, 'we own it' - no comes the response. If you want it to stay then one individual needs to take ultimate responsibility and he needs to apply in writing to the OC for permission to keep a pet.

The pig of course was also ordered to attend an RSMs parade one Monday morning - purely in the interests of the brain donor being able to use his 'get that pig in step' joke - not a chance that comes often to an RSM.

The pig was raffled amongst those willing to accept responsibility and the winner duly wrote his letter of application to the OC. Permission denied - get rid of it. The original breeder was contacted but didn't want it back (quite rightly I suppose) he couldn't risk putting it back in his herd as he had no idea what honorious had been in contact with - nor would he despatch it for use.

Next step was to approach the RQ Tech for a few rounds of 9mm so we could take it up to the 25m range and put him out of his very unmiserable existence. Denied.

I wasn't present at his dispatch, a few unhappy individuals were. Apparently someone had mislaid the Tp captive bolt gun and the most humane method that could be decided on was a good stunning with an earth spike, then throttling and then the earth spike driven into the brain to ensure he was gone. The burning bit was an attempt to dispose of the remains.

You can draw your own conclusions as to levels of blame in this incident which was forced upon the JRs.