Sexist? Lads banter? Check your Mic

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tremaine, Jan 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sky Sports Presenters Richard Keys And Andy Gray Disciplined For Sexist Comments | UK News | Sky News

"The pair were recorded off-air saying women "probably don’t know the offside rule", when they were discussing the appointment of Sian Massey to Saturday’s Premier League match between Wolves and Liverpool".

Seems to be brewing up, latest... "Two Sky Sports football presenters have been disciplined and dropped from coverage of a Premier League match after making critical comments about a female assistant referee".

Storm in a teacup or well deserved slaps for bad behaviour?
    The Offside Rule and Offside Trap in Football . It is not an offence in itself to be in an offside position. A player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent

A player is not in an offside position if: he is in his own half of the field of play or he is level with the second last opponent or he is level with the last two opponents

And by the by, any lucky barstewards who receive Sky Sports/News can apparently enjoy this bevvy of telly totty
    sky sports news girls - Google Search
  2. Football is for girls and gays.Don't see the problem.
  3. Some girls actually like that cricket thing.
  4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

No. This is offside:

While in play, when a side is in possession, players are offside if they are in front of the ball carrier. This means that they cannot receive any passes (in which case a forward pass would have occurred) or kicks from the ball carrier. If offside players do participate in the game, for example by playing the ball or obstructing an opponent (by loitering), then their team will be penalised – in the case of a forward pass, with a scrum; in the case of a kick received offside, a scrum if accidental or a penalty otherwise.

A player can become onside, so long as he is retreating, if he is passed by the original kicker or another player on the same side who was behind the ballplayer at the time of the kick.

In any other part of play (scrums, rucks, mauls or line-outs), players are offside if they are in front of the off-side line. This is an imaginary line parallel to the goals which runs through the hindmost foot of the hindmost player in the ruck/maul/scrum (but also see the Experimental law variations). Any players joining a ruck/maul or scrum from in front of the off-side line are offside and their team will be penalised.

At a lineout only players in the line (normally 7 per team), a receiver (often the scrum-half) and a thrower (usually the hooker) from each team are allowed within 5 metres of the line. The remaining players must be more than 5 metres away from the line or they will be penalised. They may move closer only to catch a long throw-in, or after the line-out ends, when the ball or a player carrying it leaves the lineout in any direction.

If a player kicks the ball, out of hand, from the dead ball area, players can be in front of the kicker, as long as they do not leave the dead ball area before the ball has been kicked.

Simple really.

5. Indeed that is the only TRUE definition of offside.
  6. Normally I'd be pissed off at the complete media over-reaction, but for that pair of clueless pricks I hope the bandwagon carries on until they've both been ritually slaughtered on Loose Women.

How Andy fucking Gray can say that anyone doesn't know about football when he couldn't name the manager of AC Milan a few weeks back is beyond me. The retarded fucking twat.
  7. Sorry but it HAD to be done

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!
  8. Big bird. I think you've just given me a great way of explaining the offside rule to my misses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Rafa Benetiz?
    Carlo Ancelotti?
    Yer man who's the England manager now?
  10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

What? Martin Johnson?
  11. who the fuck cares.
    but diss umpires or referees is bad form.
  12. A fella called Allegri. But you would expect the man who co-commentates on the channel that shows 95% of Champions League games to know that...

Despise both the cunts. Hope the clueless twats get hung out to dry. They won't, but it's always worth hoping for.
  13. I was being sarcastic, I support AC Milan. Can't stand that cunt Gray, he can shove his pointy pen thingy up his whole.
  14. I don't know what's worse,

all the ho ha of two over-rated, overpaid pundits mouthing off off-air or the fact there's no-one has posted a picture of the lineswomen on arrse yet as I've just seen her on the news...
  15. [​IMG]