''Sexism'' in football

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by muhandis89, Jan 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The media have whipped up a storm over this,and people have lost jobs.Why?

2. who cares?

3. Obviously Andy Gray ;-P

4. icecold

icecold Clanker Reviewer

I think it's a really good point, why have they? I mean what he said was hardly the most offensive thing he could have said. And the new evidence that came to light was something from before the Wolves game, in which all he seemed to do was say to the bloke that was having some banter with him, that he wouldn't trust the camera mans judgment. Much a do about nothing really.

5. football- jumpers for goalposts etc etc

6. Just on BBC - Andy Grey has been given the boot by Sky.

7. Maybe he's always been a complete tool, and they needed an excuse to bin him?

8. very possible, hes been binned over something he said/did in dec 2010 not over the liverpool game

9. Is it me or is this Sexism a one way street, it seems that women can be sexist to their hearts content and nobody bats an eyelid, including blatantly sexist adverts and **** all happens, a bloke makes a jokey comment and loses his job and career. For fucks sake people ought to stop being offended and harden up a bit.

10. Another "ism" the usual crowd of pc handwringers can get their knickers in a twist over! :-( FFS, talk about Big Brother watching you, its only a matter of time before the Thought Police will be coming along to Re-educate people !

11. mostly because the average bloke won't go bitching and moaning about it

12. The same applies to jokes about non-swimmers. I wouldn't worry about it.

13. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Andy Gray - smug, well paid, opinionated jock who is well past his prime and not even that good a centre forward in his time. Spends most of his time chortling and drawing pictures all over the screen, yet somehow manages to get paid £2.5 million a year (according to the current bun)

Okay, so after 20 odd years yer jock man is old hat and the lad Jamie Redknapp (et al) is biting at his knees. You need a scandal. What ho? Thats the 'shock footage' of ****** Keys and the Jock bastard slagging off some nameless linesperson - something they do day in, day out. The Director didn't care before, but whats this? One more day, more offiicially released footage of Andy Gray just saying what 95% of men say day in, day out? Oh, I see. It was his time to go. Maybe that long standing hatred of Richard Keys finallly came home to roost. Or maybe the boy Rednapp was just too sexy to leave waiting in the wings.

Either way, Gray was past his sell by date according to Sky.

14. While I don't think he should've been sacked, I had to snigger at the irony of the comment about 'charming Karren Brady complaining about sexism' being followed by "do us a favour love".....proving the point all by himself!!

15. I am a bit dissapointed lads, I thought there would be a few pics of fit sports wenches with their norks out.

Why do women complain about male sexist attitudes in sport and then role around in the sand in their bikinis in the name of beach volleyball?