Sex with a woman who is drunk may soon be rape

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jaybee2786, Jun 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There goes my sex life!

2. She's too drunk to give consent then the blokes too drunk to know how drunk she is. How can drink impair one persons judgement but not the other?

What about drink driving? " I was too drunk to know what I was doing".

New Labour=cnuts

3. Perhaps us guys can turn this round the other way. When you wake up beside some horrible munter, we can say that she is guilty of rape, because we were too drunk to give consent, and under no circumstances would we have nailed it had we been sober.

Soon then, it will be an offence to have sex whilst under the influence - are the Old Bill and Monkeys going too be doing ramdom bedroom raids to breathalise people having it away?

4. XBC your quite right

I feel so sorry for most blokes out there.

This new thing has ‘abuse me’ written all over it. Some dirty drunken trollop who has the inability to keep her legs closed can quite possibly ruin a mans life by crying rape – kinda takes it away from the genuine cases out there.

5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If they do breathalyse, they may get some fairly odd readings. Does semen register?

8. XBC, that is a very interesting point and I wonder how that would stand up in court, any legal eagles out there?

9. Does this include oral sex.....

10. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

The Met may have to start a massive recruiting drive to keep up with offences...

11. Unconscious drunk, yes. But just too pished to spot you're not really her type? Puh-leez.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Oh, yes. I remember what...

12. Another example of Blair's PC thinking. Conviction rate too low? Well, lets rig it even more against the men. And why limit it to rape? Lets change the rules so everyone is guilty of anything, unless they can prove they are innocent. That will improve the conviction rate!

What really gets me about these rape cases is that women have their identity hidden while the man, about 99% of whom are innocent, have their names dragged through the mud. How about some justice for men for a change!

13. Let's not get carried away now. The link is from the Daily.... The Dail.. well I can't bring myself to say it. We shouldn't take their reporting of it for gospel.

It is a sad fact that if I get totally hammered I may get a kebab and swamp myself on the way home, and possibly get into a fight. Unfortunately a woman/girl who is just as drunk is more likely to attract all manner of delinquents and perverts, who will take this oppertunity to grab her arrse, get a hand up her skirt etc.

I think the point trying to be made by the Gov is that taking advantage of really drunk girl's is unacceptable, and I totally agree.

T C

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

IMHO you can use what you like to get them into bed. I use everything from sweet talk to rohypnol and hammers. They don't complain, because they always seem to expire first.