Sex toys help singers hit the high notes

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Mar 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A Canadian voice coach is creating a buzz with his unusual technique of using vibrators to help his students hit the high notes.

University of Alberta drama professor David Ley uses the sex toys to massage the throats of actors and singers.

"I know it's a bit different. I know there's a giggle factor, but it works. It relaxes tension in the larynx, it improves range and projection," he told

He was looking for an alternative to massaging the larynx by hand, for people who hate the feel of fingers on their throat, when he discovered the technique.

That led him to a sex shop [Well, of course it did!] where he found some vibrators that had a frequency around 100 and 120 hertz, the range of the human voice. He tried some on a student with good results.

"Not only did it free tension in the laryngeal muscles, but it seemed to stimulate vibrations in the vocal folds," Prof Ley told said.

"What I'm trying to do is to help the person hit that high note or harness their emotional energy.

"Hopefully, like any good training tool, it's something that gets you somewhere and helps you maintain it, but once you're there, you're there."
  2. 'Sex toys'? 'Canadian voice coach'? Will he ram huge objects up Justin Beiber and Leonard Cohen?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. archive-pictures-155.jpg

Let's hope he's not coaching an 8 year old for Annie.
  4. I'm the gruffest cunt on the planet, fairly sure even I could hit a high note with an 18" artificial schlong up my starfish.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. What the fuck did the Bee Gees use????
    • Like Like x 3
  6. QUOTE=cernunnos;4977114]What the fuck did the Bee Gees use????[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 8
  7. Reminds me of the Irish girl who bought herself a vibrator and knocked all her teeth out.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I always suspected that was how Andy Williams sounded that way......"MOOOOOOOOON RIVEEEEEEEEER."
    • Like Like x 1
  9. doesnt someone like Steve Martin or Chevvy Chase sing that when they get something jabbed in them? ah here we are :
    Fletch - "Moon River" - YouTube
  10. View attachment 116042 [/QUOTE]

Wor lass was asking if they do a diesel version of that?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. vibe.jpg
    Wor lass was asking if they do a diesel version of that?[/QUOTE]

Would this do it..
  12. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

what about the Irish woman who took her vibrator back to Ann Summers ,

coz it broke her teeth !
  13. Wor lass was asking if they do a diesel version of that?[/QUOTE]

Diesel versions are much more expensive.

If she isn't driving at least 15,000 smiles a year, it won't pay for itself.
  14. Beach Boys were ahead of the game then.

Attached Files:

15. View attachment 116042 [/quote]

does that one have a kick start?