Sex swap para joins police (Hamilton in the press again!!!)

Former para Captain Ian Hamilton who took the Army to an industrial tribunal on grounds of sex discrimination is now a police man/woman. But he could not help letting the media know again.

As if the press coverage of his tribunal and subsequent channel 4 documentary was not enough humiliation to his former regiment he is over the papers again. :roll:

Sex change Army hero Jan to become Scotland's first 'transgender' police officer

By Miles Goslett Daily Mail
Last updated at 11:14 PM on 02nd May 2009
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ands-transgender-police-officer.html#comments

A paratrooper who underwent a sex-change operation has been accepted by the police as a trainee woman constable.

Jan Hamilton, formerly Captain Ian Hamilton, quit the Army in 2007 after 20 years’ decorated service and embarked on a full gender reassignment programme.

Now living in Glasgow, she has been accepted by Strathclyde Police to begin two years’ probationary training, making her Scotland’s first transgender police officer.

A source said that Miss Hamilton, 44, had ‘sailed through’ the initial six-month selection process: ‘Jan Hamilton scored highly in the written tests and had no problem with the fitness tests.

'She completed the mile-and-a-half run in about 11 minutes, even though women are allowed to take up to 16.’

The source added that senior officers had given their full backing to her application.

The fact that Miss Hamilton was born a man will have no bearing on the way that she is expected to operate because she is legally recognised as a woman.

For example, she will only be able to search other women, in line with police guidelines.

She will also wear the uniform of a Strathclyde Police woman constable, including the reinforced bowler hat.

It is understood that Miss Hamilton will be working in Maryhill, one of Glasgow’s most dangerous areas and the setting for gritty television detective programme Taggart.

Over the next two years Miss Hamilton, who will earn the standard starting salary of £21,000, will study and train at Strathclyde Police’s Training and Recruitment Centre at Jackton, East Kilbride, and at the Scottish Police College at Tulliallan, Fife, as well as working as a beat officer in Glasgow.

In 2007 Miss Hamilton, as Britain’s first transsexual paratrooper, took the Army to an industrial tribunal on grounds of sex discrimination for its refusal to acknowledge her legally enforced female status.

She won her case and later received a written apology. Since then she has undergone a remarkable physical transformation.

As Captain Ian Hamilton she weighed 16 stone, boasted of having 14in biceps and was deployed on long-term engagements with the elite Parachute Regiment in Kenya, Oman, Kuwait, Cyprus, Germany and Bosnia.

As Jan Hamilton she still stands at a manly 6ft but says she is five stone lighter, has a feminine figure thanks to hormone therapy, and says she is a size 12.

Miss Hamilton is not the first transgender police officer in the UK. In 2001 North Yorkshire Police said that, after 26 years in the force, Sergeant Chris Lamb had decided to live as a woman and would henceforth be known as Sergeant Nicola Lamb.

A spokesman for Strathclyde Police said: ‘We cannot confirm or deny any information that constitutes personal information. The Force actively promotes itself as an employer to all sections of the public.’

Maryhill, eh? I can think of easier places for a ladyboy to work. This won't end well, even ignoring his advanced years (44), I can't see a long career on the beat.

well if becoming a poiliceman is your goal I suppose a sex change is worth it. Why didn't "she" just stay in the Army.? I'm sure the REME would have loved her.

jagman said:
albimangles said:
What are the odds of another discrimination case in the next year or two?
What? against the whole of Glasgow?
I would not put it past him if he sued the paras for being asked to turn up to a meeting in standard army kit for both males and females.

I can see it now he will sue for not being allowed to have 6 inch high heels on.

Good effort to her I say. Baalls of steel.....................................perhaps not......

Mr_Deputy said:
I suspect if I were a woman I'd feel a bit odd being intimately searched, or comforted in a rape situation by that.
Well you're not so don't feckin sweat it

Alsacien said:
It cannot even put in a respectable BFT time :roll:
My thoughts aswell

Tytus_Barnowl said:
well if becoming a poiliceman is your goal I suppose a sex change is worth it. Why didn't "she" just stay in the Army.? I'm sure the REME would have loved her.
Or the RLC

S

syledis

Whats the bets he is fast tracked into a "diversity management" role within the force and only spends the minimum amount of time on the beat.

G

Goku

Mr_Deputy said:
I suspect if I were a woman I'd feel a bit odd being intimately searched, or comforted in a rape situation by that.
It shouldn't be allowed to search females, with or without its giblets it's still a man.

albimangles said:
What are the odds of another discrimination case in the next year or two?
My very first thought - but I had upto 5 years in mind. I must be getting cynical in my old age :oops:

Mr_Deputy said:
My brother is plod and worked for a while in his borough's sex crimes unit, working with the victims rather than on the team that deals with the alleged attacker and in his experience, it was often easier for women who'd been attacked to deal with him rather than a female officer as they'd manage to state the facts about what happened rather than getting overly emotional and empathetic as women tend to do with other women.

As for being searched, logically that leads to questions about how we mitigate against homosexual male and female police officers searching straight members of their own sex; whether someone being searched has the right to know whether the person searching them might be sexually interested in them; and whether it's contrary to the 'human rights' of either party if the sexual orientation of the searcher is or isn't known.

'She completed the mile-and-a-half run in about 11 minutes, even though women are allowed to take up to 16.’
She was easy to spot said a source, as she carried a bergan!!!

If she joins the armed response unit - would people laugh when they call for Trojan ?

Feck me i bet this ticked a few "diversity" boxes for the police!!

Alsacien

MIA
DozyBint said:
Mr_Deputy said:
My brother is plod and worked for a while in his borough's sex crimes unit, working with the victims rather than on the team that deals with the alleged attacker and in his experience, it was often easier for women who'd been attacked to deal with him rather than a female officer as they'd manage to state the facts about what happened rather than getting overly emotional and empathetic as women tend to do with other women.

As for being searched, logically that leads to questions about how we mitigate against homosexual male and female police officers searching straight members of their own sex; whether someone being searched has the right to know whether the person searching them might be sexually interested in them; and whether it's contrary to the 'human rights' of either party if the sexual orientation of the searcher is or isn't known.
Personnally, I would rather get searched by a female of any sexual persuasion than a bloke. If she was sexually interested in me it would simply be a bonus... :D

Alsacien

MIA
FiveAlpha said:
Alsacien said:
It cannot even put in a respectable BFT time :roll:
Thirded. If I lost the 10kg of baby making equipment nestled between my legs I'd be running a sub 8 minute.
Maybe it opted for a set of of 42DD top bolloks.

A horrible thought is in my head about what a set of 42DD tits covered in chest hair would look like :omfg: :puker:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sunami Current Affairs, News and Analysis 73
terroratthepicnic The NAAFI Bar 36
L The Intelligence Cell 79