Sex swap para joins police (Hamilton in the press again!!!)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by albimangles, May 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Former para Captain Ian Hamilton who took the Army to an industrial tribunal on grounds of sex discrimination is now a police man/woman. But he could not help letting the media know again.

As if the press coverage of his tribunal and subsequent channel 4 documentary was not enough humiliation to his former regiment he is over the papers again. :roll:

2. What are the odds of another discrimination case in the next year or two?
  3. What? against the whole of Glasgow?
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

It cannot even put in a respectable BFT time :roll:
  5. Maryhill, eh? I can think of easier places for a ladyboy to work. This won't end well, even ignoring his advanced years (44), I can't see a long career on the beat.
  6. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

well if becoming a poiliceman is your goal I suppose a sex change is worth it. Why didn't "she" just stay in the Army.? I'm sure the REME would have loved her.
  7. I would not put it past him if he sued the paras for being asked to turn up to a meeting in standard army kit for both males and females.

I can see it now he will sue for not being allowed to have 6 inch high heels on.
  8. Good effort to her I say. Baalls of steel.....................................perhaps not......
  9. Well you're not so don't feckin sweat it
  10. My thoughts aswell
  11. Or the RLC
  12. Whats the bets he is fast tracked into a "diversity management" role within the force and only spends the minimum amount of time on the beat.
  13. It shouldn't be allowed to search females, with or without its giblets it's still a man.
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

My very first thought - but I had upto 5 years in mind. I must be getting cynical in my old age :oops:
  15. My brother is plod and worked for a while in his borough's sex crimes unit, working with the victims rather than on the team that deals with the alleged attacker and in his experience, it was often easier for women who'd been attacked to deal with him rather than a female officer as they'd manage to state the facts about what happened rather than getting overly emotional and empathetic as women tend to do with other women.

As for being searched, logically that leads to questions about how we mitigate against homosexual male and female police officers searching straight members of their own sex; whether someone being searched has the right to know whether the person searching them might be sexually interested in them; and whether it's contrary to the 'human rights' of either party if the sexual orientation of the searcher is or isn't known.