Sex Pistols - One Off Gig 8 Nov

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by BaggyInBlack, Sep 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Sex Pistols are having a one off gig on 8 Nov at the Brixton Academy. I cannot wait to get a set of tickets. NME also want to get their re-released single (God Save the Queen) to No 1. Anyone else going?

http://www.nme.com/news/sex-pistols/31171

Baggy

2. That would be something to see. Wonder how many 30 - 40 somethings will be there.

3. Probably as many as the 50 somethings!

4. Saw them the first time round!!

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Isnt Sid a bit dead?

John a property developer in Los Angeles?

The two fat twats even fatter twats?

And Maclaren lost the plot yonks ago.

I'd pay to see Jah Wobble. But he was PIL.

Nah. I'd rather watch the Sugar Babes.

6. Won't be the same without the entirely talentless Sid. Also, JR is now a wealthy property developer. I fear he may end up looking like Rik out of The Young Ones rather than the rebellious youth he was in the 1970s.

7. That is a tribute band.

8. I'd rather watch Girls Aloud. I wouldn't want to hear them though, talentless manufactured wank-mag clones.

9. Tickets for the real band go on sale 0900 (BST) on Fri. Hopefully DII will let me log on. SL Fingers crossed.

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I cannot imagine a worse evening that listening to these pricks.

11. It's the original line-up, with Glen Matlock on base.

12. Did anyone ever see Jubilee?

Classic and iconic.

I'd put it up there with the likes of That'll Be The Day and Stardust. (Although I thought the former was a touch more grittier).

13. Well, I managed to get 2 tickets today. Can't wait 'til Nov now. Off to London next week to see the mighty Fingers :)

14. Baggy, I am an old slf from from the original line up, any tour gigs out. seen them in about 81 ish, great but dont know any of their new stuff.
    Always been my fave band though.

Or am I just getting older?