Sex offender was on royal barge

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 2/51, Jun 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Says it all in the title really...

Sex offender was on royal barge - UK News - MSN News UK

"A convicted sex offender joined senior members of the Royal Family on their barge during the Diamond Jubilee pageant, it has been revealed.

Harbinder Singh Rana was invited onto the Spirit of Chartwell as a guest of the Prince of Wales - who was not aware of his criminal past.

Rana, from Walsall, West Midlands, stood trial in 1986 after posing as a doctor to carry out the attacks. He was sentenced to four years in jail after being convicted of five counts of indecent assault, 11 counts of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of attempted assault."

2. It just shows that even the most basic of checks are not carried out.

3. Well within his peer group then

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Time was SB vetted everybody invited to a bash with senior royals. This guy would have been quietly told to be somewhere else. But the cuts, the cuts.

5. The fact he is a director of a group of people who would regularly come into contact with females/kids suggests that he may not have been playing ball regarding the terms of his release etc.

I bet it won't be followed up though. I am pretty sure anyone who has served time for sex offences has to declare it or they get banged up again.

6. Interesting choice of words!

7. 86 would have been before the Violent and Sex Offender Register was introduced (I think). Even if he did have to sign it might not necessarily have been for life.

As director of the group he may not have had any actual contact with anyone he might need a CRB check for although, even so, I would have thought he would have needed one. This is a major balls up because it gives him a veneer of respectability that could endanger women if they believe him to be a respected member of society.

8. Apparantly, when the Queen said to Rolf Harris before the concert, "You're that chap that did Two Little Boys in the seventies are you not?" He said, "No Ma'am. That was Gary Glitter".

• Like Like x 2
  9. It's not that big a deal, he was hardly likely to get up to anything pervy with all those people around...

Besides, the BBC was covering the event and the BBC have a history of using former criminals and junkies on the telly.

10. Errr, he's paid his dues, why can't he get on with his life?

The fucking dirty perv!

11. He was actually there as crowd control employed by UKCP.