Sex education?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by llech, Feb 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Perhaps when the former stops shagging sheep and the latter stops blowing up cars outside police stations!

2. Bollocks. Beat me to it. (Oo-er).

As for Wales, presumably sex education is pretty formulaic ...

IF <ObjectOfAffection> = "WOOLLY", END
    ELSE
    RUN;

:?

3. They are all up early in Wales to see who gets the good looking one

4. "Let's grow with Nisha and Joe"

I can predict the ending.
    After a spot of innocent "You show me your brutally circumsised lady garden, and I'll give you a dekko at my sparse ginger clocksprings", Nisha's father and elder brothers cut her throat and bury her in the garden.

5. And they cross into Worcestershire to do some 'foreign' talent :twisted:

6. Sex Ed is compulsory here too llech, in the State system. However, in the last 3 weeks I have had 3 pregnancies (all under 18) and 11 STD's walk through my office door. Its called experimentation, and all kids (even the public schools) do it. Jeez the Aussie govt even give you $5000 to pop one out., although for single mums on welfare its a structured payment now. Simple fact is that sex ed doesn't work, not with a 72% Chlamydia infection rate here!

7. 72% chlamydia rate? Wow. There must be a hardcore (no pun intended) of seasoned infected people going around shagging like it's the national sport (sorry, have been listening to K.B.Wilson).

As for the symptoms...from Wikipedia:

Chlamydia is known as the "Silent Epidemic" because in women, it may not cause any symptoms in 75% of cases, and can linger for months or years before being discovered. Symptoms that may occur include: unusual vaginal bleeding or discharge, pain in the abdomen, painful sexual intercourse (dyspareunia), fever, painful urination or the urge to urinate more frequently than usual (urinary urgency).

In men, Chlamydia shows symptoms of infectious urethritis (inflammation of the urethra) in about 50% of cases. Symptoms that may occur include: a painful or burning sensation when urinating, an unusual discharge from the penis, swollen or tender testicles, or fever. Discharge, or the purulent exudate, is generally less viscous and lighter in color than for gonorrhea. If left untreated, it is possible for Chlamydia in men to spread to the testicles causing epididymitis, which in rare cases can cause sterility if not treated within 6 to 8 weeks. Chlamydia is also a potential cause of prostatitis in men, although the exact relevance in prostatitis is difficult to ascertain due to possible contamination from urethritis.

Ewwww, is, I believe, today's word.

8. Yep, ewww, followed by off to the clinic with you! :twisted:

I may have been a tad dishonest here, it's only 72% of the sexually active youth population, however considering they do start young (14 being the average) its still a major worry. Welcome to the lovely world of youth work :(

9. Starting young, eh? I think in the UK there's a fairly early starting point too. Worryingly.

10. There was little or no sex education in schools 50 years ago. There were less teenage pregnancies and not sure about the statistics but most probably a lot less STD's. Informing children of sexual practices both natural and unnatural wont solve the problem. Consequences and condemnation were a great deterrent all those years ago and made us careful.

11. Starting at 14, that's old slapper territory over here!

12. mongish duplication of my own post!

14. No sex education 50 years ago? Course there was. But I missed it because I used to bunk off to feed the twins and give the girl friend one.