Sex change officer quits plod after learning she'll get WPC's pension - Jan Hamilton

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Forastero, Nov 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

2. I think there was a Thread on this started yesterday. Naffi Bar?
  3. Surely she must have asked these questions when she first joined the Police, I find it odd that it was two years before she noticed. A bit like when she said it was unfair that she could no longer serve in an Infantry Officers PID after having a sex change and officially becoming a woman.
  4. More than you? Unlikely.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Might just do that.

By the way, the Bling your powder puff girlfriend added to my avatar states "do not respond", you thick ****.
  6. Hmm not sure about this one. No such thing as a WPC any more - all Police Officers now and all get paid the same.
  7. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Surely when Jan waved goodbye to her tackle she/he/it would be well aware there would be other consequences.

Besides, I thought it/he/she was TA (happy to be corrected) and certainly didn't have 20 years pensionable service in.

Strikes of me me me me me me me me, why not just get on with it, this is the main reason folks backs are up.

I bet it/he/she wouldn't be squirming and kicking off if WPCs got more bang for their buck with free tache removal cream.
  8. This is when pride in being a hat has smug and defining logic.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. He was 46 when he joined the plod & they retire at 60 for junior ranks.... 14 years contributions are hardly going to fund the high life in Bermuda no matter what sex.
  10. The phrase "Having her cake and eating it" comes to mind. Wants to be a woman but wants to retain the benefits (limited as they are these days) of being born a guy.
  11. Abi you mean.
  12. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Strikes me that the main issue is the transfer between the two schemes and the inability of one or both to agree the transfer value because of the difference in the relevant morbidity tables.
  13. I was going to say she wants it both ways, but felt that it might get PG and others started in an entirely different direction. Ah well it is Sunday morning and it's fairly quiet at the moment.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. As I understand it his complaint is because the pension is worked out differently as a woman because they are expected to live longer. He can't have it both ways, he's either had a full sex change or he hasn't. He can't claim he's a 'woman' for certain things & a man for others.

The simplest solution is to calculate the pension as a male until he disposed of his nether regions & then as a 'woman' hence forth. Given his length of service there'll be feck all difference anyway.
  15. Personally I think it should ask for some money back from the op. Still looks like a ******* bloke to me.

And why do papers have to keep referring to it a an ex para? I used to work in primark. Does that mean if I ended up in the paper will they write as much?
    • Like Like x 1