Sewing on Trade Badges

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Bhangra_D, Mar 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The tailor my unit uses to sew on TRFs, Trade Badges etc. is known for misplacing things quite frequently, so I've opted to have my gleaming new trade badge sewn on by a tailor I know to be reliable.

Only thing is, I don't know where it goes, except that it's on the right arm above the TRF.

Anyone any ideas on how far below the shoulder seam the badge goes?

Any help would be mucho appreciated!

2. Sew it on yourself you lazy sod, honestly. :roll: Get some nylon thread, needle, ruler, pen and I'm guessing an hour to learn how to stitch. As for it's location centre right arm, not sure how many mm's though.

You going to get a tailor to mend your combats if you rip them, lose a trf, break a button in the field?

3. What trade badge is it you want to sew on? I thought these were all but frowned upon now?

HS

4. Trade badge ????? join the boy scouts if its badges you want . Bloody RLC you can have an arm full of
    badges but you will still be a REMF !!!!!!

Awaiting a full responce .

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The only trade badge I have ever had on my kit is my RAF EOD badge on my lower left arm.And I sewn it on myself! :)
    Spike

6. Sew? Not herd of wonderweb?

7. Dont you get issued with housewives anymore you lazy sod!

8. ... err ... yeah ... that's why we have them isn't it ?

9. Okay, not getting much in the way of help here...

In response to a couple of statements -

*Yes, I can sew, but believe that someone who does sewing etc. for a living will do a better job than me. Crazy idea I know.
    *No, I haven't heard of wonderweb - any further info gratefully received.
    *Never heard of an issue housewife.

And in response to the RLC bashing -

*...yawn...

10. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

So which trade badge are you on about?

I was under the impression trade badges went below the TRF with only Para wings being placed above.

Plus I'm sure the RLC ATO/AT and the RE BDO are the only authorised trade badges to be worn on CS95.

11. A REMF that can spell though!

12. You take yours out with you when you play out at STANTA? IE ya feck your trousers/jacket scrambling over/under a barbed wire fence narrowly missing ya nads, might have spares in bergen but they too have a chance of being wrecked. Would be handy to be able to do a hash job of repairing the rip in the harbour area, might not be pretty but keeps you warmer, get tailor to sort it out when back at camp.

I think the lack of information is that we don't know, however why not ask the R/SQMS, or a handy SSM? I need similar info myself and that's where I'll go.

13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Normally worn on the left lower arm. As in the Army,the RAF AEOD badge is the only trade badge allowed to be worn on CS95 in the RAF.

14. Is an MP patch classed as a trade badge? If so, the monkeys' & snowdrops wear them on CS95.

15. Isn't that like their TRF?