severed head quiz

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by puzzledgrunt, Dec 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. During mediaeval sieges, the attackers had the sporting habit of using their siege engines to fire prisoners' heads into the fortresses, just to wind up the defenders. Stylish, eh?

QUIZ

1-You are a defender and you have just been knocked flat by your Mum's head. What do you do?

2-What are the ballistic properties of the average head?

3-Name at least three individuals (except me) or groups (past, present or future) who deserve to be used as ammunition, targets, or both.

4-Why has this practise been allowed to fall into disuse?

5-Whose head would have the greatest effect on a fortress?

6-What improvements can you suggest? Examples include volley fire, incendiary ammunition, counter-battery fire etc.

7-Whose head would you most/least like to be hit by?

8-Give at least three examples of potential commercial opportunities.

9- Suggest possible categories for inter-Service competitions-rate of fire, accuracy, range etc.

10-What am I wearing underneath? :wink:

2. 1: Say "Ouch"

2: Average head? Womens' heads would probably be more accurate over longer distances due to the longer hair (shuttlecock effect).

3: I'll come back to that one later.

4: I've no idea, perhaps due to the fact that most heads are neither explosive nor armour piercing.

5: Leonardo Di Caprio's

I'll answer the rest later......perhaps.

3. 1. get a bit miffed she still owes me a fiver
    2. better than a brick
    3. The french, the welsh and the labour party
    4. pantywaist noncey faggots think it's cruel
    5. gordon browns as his head is full of shit
    6. set light to every fifth head and use to adjust fire
    7. I'd like to be hit by joanna lumleys head, then I could skull fuck her, least like to be hit by cherie blairs head
    8. headopoly, tiddlyheads and maim that head in one
    9. falling heads, trap shooting and bayonet practice.
    10. fuck knows.

4. 1-You are a defender and you have just been knocked flat by your Mum's head. What do you do?

it wouldnt happen. My mum would distract you with idle conversation and take your head.

not as good as you would imagine

3-Name at least three individuals (except me) or groups (past, present or future) who deserve to be used as ammunition, targets, or both.

jade goody, jade goodys family, anyone who has ever met jade goody

damn liberals and muslims.

wayne rooney due to shear size

6-What improvements can you suggest? Examples include volley fire, incendiary ammunition, counter-battery fire etc.

instead if heads, use bullets.

most like to be hit by any of the birds from holyoaks. Least like to be hit by any of the men from holyoaks

headproof vests
    genuine SAS PARA anti head smocks ala waltbay
    an open ended, cost plus reconstruction contract.

9- Suggest possible categories for inter-Service competitions-rate of fire, accuracy, range etc.

dodgehead.
    comedy ventriliquism

10-What am I wearing underneath?

that dull nagging feeling that you've wasted your life on this site?

5. what about FFE?

6. African, or European?

Tubs

8. A, ladies underwear

Gives a whole new meaning to giving head don't it :D

9. QUIZ

1-You are a defender and you have just been knocked flat by your Mum's head. What do you do?
    Chuck it back!

My mum would go absolutely ballistic if her head thrown.

Brown, Blair, next door neighbour (how many Christmas lights does one house need for God's sake!)

Elf and safety gone mad again

Elephant man's

Use of the whole body, not just the head

Blonde, bound to be lighter

'I'm a celebrity head, fire me out of there'
    Kiss me quick hats
    Footballs for England squad. Slower thus allowing them the chance to actually kick it.

I'm with arby on this one... ventriliquism

10-What am I wearing underneath? Wink
    What ever it is, my mum would like it back please!

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Place it on the wall next to me so she can see the action.

The ballistic coefficiency of the average head, considering of course the velocity and shape, would be somewhere in the region of 0.2 to 0.1, though leaning towards the 0.1 figure. This is due to the realtively low mass and velocity from a catapult. Consider that your average cannon ball has a BC of somewhere in the region of .25.

Brown as a target for a Bliar head, Bliar as a target for Broon's head, and Bliar firing at Bliar.

Because we've stopped using catapults. When you try and fire a head through a cannon using accelerants, the head tends to come apart a bit, and rathewr than knocking out or frightening the target, you only make them trhow up as they get covered is splattered mulch.

Vinny Jones - he's a nutter.

Deffo incendiary fire, so long as you don't mind that the recipients can't recognise their relatives. Driving spikes into the heads before launching will further the effect on impact.

Bliar - most - his ugly fcuking head gets everywhere. Least - Thatcher's son - can't find his arrse with both hands, so would get lost en-route.

Temporary tattoo stickers to go on foreheads with a personal greeting of your choice. Using the rigour mortised mouth as a handy business card holder as it flies towards your 'market'. Empty out the skull a bit and put those chinese biscuits inside with the little messages. The enemy will be heartened.

The Queen's Medal for head throwing at Bisley. Extra points given for hair-do's, make-up, rictus, getting the head to land facing the opponent. No freezing of heads allowed.

A body?

11. Unless you can somehow fin stabilise your head, you definately need to impart spin on it somehow for improved accuracy over distance. The nose and ears are obvious projections that can be used to engage with rifling. However, assuming a chemical propellant is to be used rather than mechanical (we've moved on a little since the catapult) the forces required to adequately obturate the head in the breach on firing would surely disfigure the head rendering the nose and ears useless. Perhaps some kind of sabot is needed; or, as an earlier poster hinted at, the trailing hair or off-kilter COG of a typical head could provide the drag required to stabilise in any case? However, drag means less range so more propellant needed, leading to greater requirement for obtuation.... difficult one. Probably best stick to 155.

12. 1. Mum - what have I told you about visiting me at work?

13. what about head bombing sortes? instead of catapulting the heads of firing them out of cannons, simply load up and drop them over the enemy. alternatively, record the dying words of the head donor and then attach small speakers to the head that will play the phrase on loop as the head drops. for instance an enemies' mothers head could be dropped playing the phrase "Tooommmmmyyyy!!! Yooo weeere allwaays a disappointmmmeeentt tooo meee and yoooourrr rreeeaalll fathheeers the postman."

14. 1- Be very surprised as she was cremated 2 years ago!

2- Poor

3- All politicians, the entire CSA and my ex-wife

4- Heads, unlike depleted uranium shells, decompose very quickly so mass storage is a problem

5- My ex-wife's. At least I'd be willing test the theory

6- Lots of spikes like the ball in Hellraiser

7-The opportunity to receive head should not be turned down

8- Anamatronic the head as a singing telegram
    Mobile hat sales
    Mobile sunglasses sales

9- Best war face

10-Something that is clearly too tight and restricting blood flow to your head.

15. 1. Immediately rinse my self off, she's a stinking gwar.

2. Fuckedifiknow

3. Ammunition= Jade Goody, Barry Scott and Father christmas( I hate that jolly fat barsteward)

Targets= The cast of hollyoaks, Jamie oliver and other pretend mockney cnuts out there.

4.Why has this practise been allowed to fall into disuse?

Hmmm thats a tough one, Health and safety, Not English enough, Chavs, and immigrants would be my, sit on the fence answer.

5.Whose head would have the greatest effect on a fortress?

see picture below

6. If we leave the head attached to Mlaaaaars and Catapulted them at the defenders, surely the wierd hooting and mlaaaaring noise coming at them would lower morale a bit?

7. see 5

1: crash helmet safety tests.
    2: Shrunken head auction in aid of a charity
    3: Sell them to the England team for practice balls

Inter service head run, sort of like the gun run, but you have to strip the head down and manhandle it over a gruelling assault course.

10-What am I wearing underneath?

A bag of frozen chips and "A" Team Y-fronts

Attached Files: