Seven wonders of the muslim world

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spike7451, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just seen a advert that Ch4 are showing a programme every night this week on the 'Seven wonders of the Muslim world'.
    For the life of me I can only think of one,maybe two.

2-Bin Lid's cave & the fact that the US still have'nt found the cnut!

Anyone anymore?....
  2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

The Bakalakadaka Street Market in Durkadurkistan.
  3. The Suicide Belt/Vest
  4. How INCREDIBLY insensitive to a culture that is stooped in hundreds of years of tradition, culture and scientific endevour...

I'm in!! :twisted:

For me, one of the biggest wonders is the Burkha (sp)... I usually wonder if the woman wearing said burkha (sp) is do-able.
  5. Samarkand gets my vote.

Other than that, what have the muslims ever done for us? Not the wine, anyway. Um, let's think. They slapped the living shit out of the dagoes, that's got to be worth something?
  6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

It's a wonder they still exist!
  7. Medina:
  8. Rabies curry house on Edge Lane, Droylsden
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

The Alhambra (Grenada) might scrape in?
  10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Indeed it is, though not a 10 out of 10 - they left some to breed and steal our fish.
  11. Oh oh i see i see, its THEIR world now is it?
  12. The Samarkand link claims it is 2,500 years old. Islam is 1,000 years younger. How is that Islamic?

Some stupidity in the name of Islam:

Idiotic fundy gits.

For anyone that does not know:
    Navigation North-South was quite easy by using a sextant. Knowing mid-day where you where was also easy by noting the Sun at it's zenith.

Navigation East-West only became easy after the invention of the "chronograph" (timepiece) that was reliable. They got set at Greenwich observatory and so accurate maps could be made. This was done by noting the N-S position using a sextant and E-W by comparing local time to Greenwich time.

Hence GMT came into use. Not by imposition from a powerful empire but by scientific usefulness. Eejits!
  13. On Telic we had a no-fire zone around the Garden of Eden and a lecture on not to destroy the muslim artefacts of their culture. After the war-fighting we patrolled near to the grids we had for the garden so visited it.

Fcuk me! 10 rounds fire for effect would have improved the place! A lone tree surrounded by a decrepit wall and knee deep in coke cans and drinks bottles. The graffitti sprayed everywhere did nothing to help either. Culture? Yeah right. Cheers for the kebabs and olives. That's about it.
  14. Not just yet but they are working at it
  15. The olives have nothing to do with Islam. They are down to evolution. Also, I doubt that kebabs are religious. So thank you for F-all Islam. IMO.

Unless you like lazy wives who just can't keep the pace and forever fall behind on a walk. Then again, they are carrying a tent.