Setting up adventure traning

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by MuddyMettle, Mar 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I have been asked to set up some adventure training for about 10 lads in my unit.

Having never done anything like this before,

Could someone help as I have to write the warning and admin orders and book Capel Curig camp.

I am not qualified in any way to take the lads in the hill, but have someone who is and he said I should write the orders and book the camp.

Has anyone got a copy of a warning/admin order I could have a look at to get some ideas and how to book the camp.

Thank you.

MM

2. Are you a Wah???

You seem to get yourself in more 'situations' than Penelope fukcin Pitstop! :omfg:

3. Just delegate it to someone more junior as part of their development!!

4. CAARPS,

Cheers

MM

5. Organising an AT trip, requires a lot of paperwork to be filled in (JSATFA), land clearances to be done, CILOR to be applied for not too mention enough instructors for all the people you are taking, ratio is 1 instructor to 6 on most activities. Really this should be organised by someone qualified. I spend a lot of time in Capel, so please get back to me if you need any help.

6. Qaulified in what 8O

Reading, (see link) or Organising (JNCO or above).

It is not rocket science, it just requires forethought and planning. Lets not try to create black arts, thats why people stop organising sh*t and the soldiers suffer by not doing stuff.

I don't deny the requirement for qualifed instructors, however, lets not pretend only AT qaulified personnel are able to organise AT

7. I agree, you don't need to be qualified and yes people def should be encouraged to organise expeds. Speaking too someone with experience will help though, just with the paperwork. There is no black art involved at all, fairly simple really, but what isn't if you know what you are doing. Good luck, try speaking to the PT Corp person, they SHOULD be able to point you in the right direction or know someone who can.

8. MM,
    Check PM box
    b_s

9. Checking recent PXR's could save some legwork, particularly for expeds abroad.